FORTY

The Wolves didn't know what to do with the situation in front of them. Niven was still holding onto Silas, making sure the angel was okay. But while he did so, the other three contemplated deeply about him.

Silas couldn't go to class like regular students did for a reason. He was kept in severe isolation, almost like Agustine due to their corrupted abilities. While the jackal masked student couldn't go near anywhere because they were afraid of getting the other party bad luck, Silas was kept away from everyone due to the dangers of actually killing someone, with or without intention.

The angel couldn't even eat properly. Some foods simply rotted and withered away as soon as he touched them, and so the vice-principal had to issue special lunches for Silas. But then again, it wasn't like Agustine could have a decent meal as well since it usually ended up in a disaster due to is Jinx.

All in all, these brothers were the same... but Silas was worse.

It was already hard enough to let Niven be around Agustine, but with his little brother? They really couldn't take any risks. Even Agustine was more worried about Silas accidentally hurting Niven, but he grew dispirited by the thought of having his brother lonely once more.

When Arien tried to approach the topic of separating Niven from Silas, the blond immediately refused and said he'd be fine. His ability was still taking place so he wouldn't get injured at all. Niven utterly despised the idea of having Silas locked away in isolation that it surprised the angel.

Niven tried his best persuading the Wolves to let him be near Silas while he worked on finding a type of cure for the male's corrupted ability. His family has thousands of secret magic and spells hidden away, all they had to do was wait for the wizards back at Niven's duchy to come up with a solution to Silas' problem.

"But, Alpha, I'm fine!" Niven argued back to the beastman. "I've been holding his hand for the past ten minutes, what more proof do you need?"

"What if your ability wears off? How am I supposed to keep you safe?" Arien replied with a distant look. "We can wait for some sort of cure for Silas, but that doesn't mean you have to stay with him all the time, puppy."

"It doesn't matter if I do since my ability prevents me from actually getting harmed!" The blond responded, exasperated with having this conversation with Arien.

Mirren looked over to Silas, watching the dark skinned male nervously shuffle back in order to hold onto Niven more. The jaguar sighed, "Niven, we don't even know what sort of ability you have that allows you to be protected from Silas. How do we know it'll actually keep you safe?"

"Because I have s-"

Niven stopped when Agustine placed a hand in between the group, quickly ceasing all chatter. Silas immediately looked up with wide eyes to see his brother, slowly moving his face over to Niven and then toward Mirren.

The demon took a moment to himself, once again thinking about his little brother as he slowly moved his hand down. Agustine turned his gaze to Arien, watching the alpha intently before snapping his fingers to conjure up a small piece of paper and pencil. He took a second to scribble down something and then handed it over to Arien, patiently waiting for the beastman to read it.

Arien moved his silver eyes away from the paper, his stare piercing Agustine with an unknown glint flashing through. Their alpha chuffed in irritation from the paper, but Arien eventually nodded over to Niven.

"Fine. I'll allow it."

Mirren whipped his head around to Arien. "I beg your fucking pardon?"

"Then beg," the wolf beastman snarled. Arien crumpled the paper and tossed it away into a random corner of the room. "Since it's what our omega really wants, then sure... why not? Just think of it as a good way for Silas to start getting used to human contact. It's been more than a decade since you last touched someone, yes?"