Borderline • Emmett Cullen (a.)

MAIN OC • Ondina "Dina" Stone

FACECLAIM • Sydney Park

LOVE INTEREST • Emmett Cullen

Age • 19

SPECIES • Human

IMPRINT • Quil Ateara (Platonic)

TIMELINE • New Moon - Breaking Dawn

"Do you hate me because of who I am or what I am?"

"I wish it was hate that I feel."

For as long as Ondina Stone could remember, there had been a dividing line between the Cullens and the Quileutes. She had always loved the forest. The Quileutes were a part of the land, just as the trees and creatures within it. So Ondina took comfort in the serenity of the forest and its secluded parts. She'd been taught from a very young age that their safety only stretched so far. There was an invisible border that should never be crossed. No matter how many times she asked her father, she'd never been told why this was. So Ondina took liberties with the forest, for all of it was the land of her ancestors.

It was on one particular occasion that she finally learned why such a border existed. Tensions were high in the rez, and as usual, Ondina wasn't brought in on the reasoning. Her father began enforcing a strict curfew, her friends were dropping like flies, and soon Ondina was suffocating within her own home. Her best friend was acting strange and not even he cared enough to let her in on the secrets surrounding them lately. So she saught the clarity only the forest could give. She ignored the line between Quileutes and Cullens as she always did. She'd never run into a single soul in the forest before. That is until a scarlet-haired woman with a glint of sadistic mirth in her matching red eyes finds Ondina alone and vulnerable.

Ondina thought her next breaths would be her last. She would die beyond the invisible border with no one to blame but herself for straying too far. But she didn't die, instead, she was saved by a boy with golden eyes and snow-white skin. In that moment Ondina's world changed forever, and Emmett Cullen finally found what he'd been waiting for since the day he'd turned. If only their story was as simple as that. But Ondina was Quileute, with a wolf for a best friend, and Emmett was their sworn enemy. Ondina finds herself torn between loyalty to her tribe and the vampire she can't help falling for.

NOTES

-- Star crossed lovers with optional sad or happy ending

-- Quil imprints on Ondina but it's platonic cause they're besties

-- This is a super slow burn because Ondina has to work through her tribe's prejudice against vampires and the pull towards Emmett as his mate.