Unbelievable • Harry Potter (a.)

MAIN OC Alton Byrnes

LOVE INTEREST Harry Potter

HOGWARTS HOUSE Gryffindor or Slytherin (your choice)

PATRONUS Irish Wolfhound

BLOOD STATUS Half-Blood

AFFILIATIONS D.A,

TIMELINE Order of the Phoenix

FACECLAIM Jamie Bell

"For what it's worth, I believe you."

"You may be the only one who does."

Harry Potter had found himself to be short quite a handful of friends in his fifth year at Hogwarts. Following the horrific events of the Tri-Wizard tournament and his declaration that Voldemort had returned, he'd subsequently been branded a liar.
Those who he believed to be friends, turned their backs on him, and everyone else looked at him with judgement and ire.

It was in this period of time that Harry finally noticed the reclusive Alton Byrnes. Despite the fact that they'd been in the same same classes for four years, Harry never took much notice of the boy. Alton was quiet, kept to himself, flew completely under the radar. Harry was always popular in Gryffindor house, and it wasn't until all of his admirers vanished that he was able to see who was truly worth his attentions. 

It was a single gesture of kindness, a little hex on a particularly nasty Slytherin boy, but it was enough to open Harry's eyes to what he'd overlooked. Detention, he found, was a wonderful place to make friends. It was here that their story began. Through a year of abusive teachers, ludicrous decrees, and secret societies, their eyes are opened to what's been just a few desks away the whole time. 

NOTES

- This relationship is so soft and precious I love it.

-Alton will likely have a haunted past which is entirely customizable. I am open to ideas for this one. He could be a child of dark parents or an orphan of order members, etc.

- This can just be OOTP or go through to TDH