Broken Records • Robin Buckley (a.)

MAIN OC • Heather BartkowskiFACECLAIM • Liv TylerLOVE INTEREST • Robin BuckleyTIMELINE • Season 3

FACECLAIM • Liv Tyler
LOVE INTEREST • Robin Buckley
TIMELINE • Season 3

"Your visits were the best part of my day."

"I'd kiss you, but I think I just stepped in monster ectoplasm."

Heather's dream job had always been to own a record store and while it may not have come true yet, she at least worked at one. The Starcourt Mall was the hottest place to be in Hawkins, and in her senior year, she sure as hell wasn't going to waste it bagging groceries. So Heather spent six days a week reorganizing stacks of records and explaining the difference between Blondie and Cindy Lauper. It wasn't entirely boring though. Every Saturday at approximately 11:30, Robin Buckley would grace the store with her presence. 

Heather was never considered friendly, her boss liked to say she was more of a shelf filler than a check-out girl. She could care less who came through the shop, especially when it was Steve Harrington pretending to browse the Zeppelin and AC/DC records but bringing Madonna to the counter. Robin Buckley's visits, though, were those Heather never missed. 

Robin was the only person Heather could have an intelligent conversation with. She was funny, sarcastic and smart, and a sort of pretty that said she didn't try but still looked like a cool girl. Yet their relationship had never translated outside of the little record shop across the food court from Scoops Ahoy. It was a friendship that was too precious to risk bringing to the light. 

One Friday morning, Heather fiddled with the knobs of the store radio, searching for the best station for that day. She'd just found the perfect song when her signal was interrupted, and Heather discovered something she was never meant to hear. She soon finds herself entangled in a conspiracy with Robin, the weirdo Steve Harrington, and his kid friends. In the face of danger and discovery, Heather and Robin are forced to confront the unspoken feeling brewing between them and escape the mall that they'd once thought ordinary.

 In the face of danger and discovery, Heather and Robin are forced to confront the unspoken feeling brewing between them and escape the mall that they'd once thought ordinary