Part 55: Burning Resolve (2/4)

Start from the beginning

"Art? What are you talking about?" Muichiro asked.

"Let me show you." Gyokko said. The vase he crawled out of violently jolted, and a sick amalgam of body parts and swords slid out. "I present to you: 'Lágonne Des Forgerons'!" Gyokko exclaimed, quite proud of his meat conglomerate he called 'art'.

"Behold! These blistered hands! Unique only to hardworking swordsmiths! Putting them in front was very intnetional." Gyokko began.

"No...! Kongouji-dono... Tetsuo-San... Kanaike-san... Koutarou...!" Kanamori began to choke up. He recognized the people used in the 'art'.

Kotetsu's mask became a fountain of tears. "Tetsuhiro Oji-san!" Kotetsu wailed.

"Haha! You are both Right! I used a total of five people in this masterpiece!"

"I added the swords to reinforce the 'blacksmithiness' of my work. I also kept on the clay masks to add a sense of lifelessness and absurdity!" Gyokko continued to describe his art in sick detail. "Even more brilliant! If you twist the sword like this...-" Gyokko grabbed a sword rammed through one of the bodies im the amalgams and twisted it. The body jolted awake and screamid in pain.

The poor bastard was still alive.

"NOOOO!!!" Kotetsu screamed and tried to run forward, only to be held back by Kanamori.

"So wonderful! I plan on mass producing this piece!" Gyokko exclaimed.

"Hey."

Gyokko stopped and looked up.

"Cut it out. Fuckface." Lefty and Muichiro, who had been silent the whole time, finally spoke up.

"Hyo..." Gyokko growled as Muichiro lunged forward and swing his sword. In an instant, Gyokko had dissapeared and reappered on top of the shed.

"Wait, let me explain my att further-" Before Gyokko could continue, Lefty closed in from his flank. Lefty smashed the pot Gyokko was inside of to pieces with his fist, but wasn't able to make contact with the demon's body.

"How dare you smash my pot! You uncultured swines! You musclebrained bafoons couldn't fathom the depth of my masterpieces!!!" Gyokko reappeared on the ground inside another pot. Lefty and Muichiro could slowly see him grow a second pot from his hand. Once the pot grew to its desired size, Gyokko aimed it at Muichiro and Lefty.

"What the..." Lefty muttered as a dozen goldfish looking creatures floated out of the pot. The cheeks of the flying goldfish puffed up like balloons and they spat thousands of large needles. Lefty and Muichiro were well equiped to deflect the shower of spines, but Kotetsu and Kanamori weren't. Muichiro jumped to sheild the swordsmiths and Lefty junped to sheild Muichuro.

"Tch. You suck at sheilding." Muichiro complained. Lefty had failed to prevent the hail of needles from hitting the right sides of his face, his right arm and right leg.

"My bad buddy." Lefty chuckled. His entire backwas covered in needles.

"You." Muichiro turned to Kotetsu and Kanamori. "Go hide, you're in the way." He ordered.

"What he said." Lefty growled.

"Yes! We will!" Kotetsu nodded and he ran to hide with Kanamori. With the swordsmith protected, he and Muichiro turned to Gyokko and slowly walked towards him.

"You both look really funny with needles all over you. Can you feel the neurotoxins? How does it feel kbowing you'll die because you saved two worthless people?" Gyokko laughed.

"I'm immune to poison, bro." The needles were suddenly repelled from his body, small blood tendrils coiling out of the holes left behind. Muichiro just didn't seem to care.

"You're both strong, I wonder what to prepare for the two of you?" Gyokko asked. "Just thinking about how I'll turn you into art makes me tingle!" He chuckled.

"Shut up." Muichiro growled.

"You're annoying." Lefty continued.

They sprinted towards Gyokko, ready to attack. But Gyokko manifested another pot and blasted them with a gush of water. The water coiled and wrapped around them, Incasing them in their own separate bubbles.

"Blood Demon Art: Water Basin of Hell." Gyokko hissed.

"Shit. I can't use my sword." Wherever Muichiro stabbed or slashed, the water followed the sword, meaning it would never leave the membrane.

"Think, think!" Lefty floated with wide eyes.

----------

"There! I see the fucker's main body!" Righty yelled.

"I smell him too! Righty! Go get him!" Tanjiro added.

"Me and Tanjiro will hold of the other bodies!!!" Genya junped in and ran past Righty.

"Got it! Don't die guys!" Righty nodded and ran after the tiny Hantengu. The small demon let out high pitched tiny screams as it scurried along the forest floor. Righty raised his axe to cut its neck, but the axe's blade only dented when it made impact with its neck.

"This thing is hard!" Righty growled.

(A/N: Please don't try to make a joke about this line.)

He struck the tiny demon many more times, but it just didn't seem to work.

"There's one more thing I have to try."

"I won't let you-" The staff demon flew in behind Righty only to be blasted by a superheated fist.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Righty barked as the staff demon was sent flying away. "Okay, here goes..." Righty gripped his axe as hard as he could and pumped it with golden energy, making it crackle and sizzle. He brought it down on the tiny demon' head as hard as he could. The impact made the demon stop. The blade still hadn't pierced, but the golden ripple caused its skin to slowly melt. The tiny demon let out a high-pitched scream, which turned into a neverending deafening wail.

"Ignore it! Finish the job!" Righty gritted his teeth. But he froze. Something was behind him. Something had materialized. The upper moon had one more ace up its sleeve. A final form that was much stronger than the others. And it was Right behind him.

"What do I do?" Righty asked himself.

----------

"What do I do?" Lefty thought, still in the bubble.

----------

Seems like our demon boys are in quite the pickle...