Part 36: The Rage of The Sun

Akai and Inosuke sprinted on the rooftops, racing to the battle taking place farther into the district.

"How long will it take us!?" Inosule yelled.

"Hold on." Akai said and looked through the eye he placed on Daki.

The tiny eyeball opened and found itself on Daki's shoulder. She was sitting on a rooftop and staring into a sky.

"A pillar, huh?" Daki said to herself. " He'll be pleased..." She clutched her head with a crazed smile. Her body was covered in black veins and more sashes erupted from her back,  totalling at thirteen.

"If she's here, where's Tanjiro?" Akai thought. He turned the eye to the street and saw Tanjiro starimg at Daki. What was bad was that the people were starting to come outside, curious about the commotion.

"Hey! What are you doing!?" A man came out of his home and yelled at Tanjiro. "Don't argue in front of other's houses!" He yelled again, unaware of the danger.

"How annoying..." Daki muttered.

Akai's spy eye saw Daki begin raise her sashes, shaping them into blades and coiling them to be released with explosive energy.

"She wouldn't" Akai thought.

"She would."

In an instant, Daki leveled the street, cleaving houses and people into pieces like they were nothing. In that moment, his spy eye was oblitterated.

"NOOOOO!!!!" Akai screamed and blasted past Inosuke.

"EH!? AKIKO!!!" Inosuke tried to keep up with him.

"RED DRAGON OF THE STARS!!!" Akai was surrounded by a ball of fire that morphed into a dragon. the dragon roared and zoomed forward.

"EH!? SUISEI!?!?!" Uzui exclaimed as Akai zoomed past him.

Akai's spy eye managed to piece itself back together. It crawled on the ground, using it's veins and flesh like little arms. It climed on top of an untouched house to get a look at what  was happening.

Daki casually stolled away to intercept Tengen as he was coming to fight. She ignored Tanjiro, who had a giant gash on his shoulder. The man who had chewed him out earlier was missimg a hand and crawling away. Tanjiro was quiet. He looked to the destroyed buildings, and to the dead and dying people. Akai felt Tanjiro's rage. The aura of death coming off of him made the spy eye sting. Blood slowly trickled from his eyes as Tanjiro trudged forward. In the blink of an eye, Tanjiro was up on the rooftop, holding Daki's leg wth one hand and his sword with the other. Daki spun her head around, suprised. He swiflty sliced off Daki's leg as she jumped away. She winced and regrew her lower leg as Tanjiro walked towards her, still holding the bloody foot.

"Living creatures..." Tanjiro began. "Do not go the way of demons." Tanjiro whispered. "Why do you kill them?" Tanjiro laced his words woth hate. "Why do you trample on their lives?" Tanjiro glared at Daki.

"What's so fun about jt? What do you think lives are?" Tanjiro looked like a different person. He stood tall and collected. Like a man with decades of more experience. He looked just like...

----------

"Yoshi..." Akai thought.

"What's fire boy got to do with Yoshi?"

"His name is Tanjiro."

"Your name is Stupid."

"Our name is Akai."

----------

Daki froze in front of Tanjiro, it seemed she also saw Yoshi in him. For a moment she was... scared...

----------

"Oh how I envy you right now, Tanjiro..." Akai's dark voice went.

"You're getting wierd"

----------

"You were probably once human too. You must have struggled with pain and shed tears." Tanjiro, despite oh so full of hate and bleeding from the eyes, had the smallest bit of sympathy  on his face.

Daki quickly regained her focus and punched the house she was standing on, making hundreds of cracks splinter put from the impact zone.

"Blah blah blah. Just shut up. I don't even remember anything from my past. I'm a demon now, so the past doesn't matter." Daki said, completely indifferent to Tanjiro's words. "Demons don't age, don't need money to eat, don't get sick, and don't die. We don't lose anything." Daki boasted. "And strong, beautifil demoms, can do whatever they want!" She yelled and got ready to fight.

"Alright. Enough." Tanjiro gripped his sword and they rushed towards eatchother. They clashed with speed and power just beneath Rengoku and Akaza. Tanjiro used the breath of the sun to fight toe to toe with Daki, eventually starting to overpower her. There was but one problem.

The dude forgot to breathe.

The entire time Tanjiro was fighting Daki, he didn't exhale or inhale once. In an effort to kill Tanjiro once amd for all, Daki thrusted all her sashes at Tanjiro. But Tanjiro used his blade tp guide them together, eventually pulling them all down and stabbimg them into the house they were standing on.

"You think that's going to stop me!?" Daki laughed and tore the sashes out of the house Tanniro impaled them into. But Tanjiro didn't care. The fact he had brought them all so close together meant he could cut them all, so he did. Slice by slice he tore through Daki's sashes as he rushed towards her. He prepared one final swing at her neck.

But he hit his limit.

Tanjiro stopped and began violemtly coughing blood. The pressure caused by the stress of overworking the body without any breathing caused the blood vessels in Tanjiro's lungs to pop. He violently hacked and coughed clumps of the red liquid as Daki slowly got up.

She'd kill Tanjiro, right here and right-

"HM!!!"

Nezuko flew from nowhere and oblitterated Daki's head with a kick. Daki's body flew away, , spraying blood everywhere.

"MMMPH!!! MMPH MMPH!!!" Nezuko muttered angrily while standing in front of her brother.

It seems Nezuko and Daki would have a demon girl catfight.

Unless someone were to step in.

nyoooooooooom- CRASH!!!

A red ball of fire flew into the sky and  dispersed. Revealing an object that landed between Daki and Nezuko.

It was Akai.

"Hello sunshine..." Akai let out a breath of steam and smiled at Daki.

"You..." Daki growled as the last of her head pieced otself together.

"Nezuko, help Tanjiro. You shouldn't step in." Akai ordered the demon girl while still keeping his eye on Daki.

"Do you really think you can beat me?" She got up and raised all thirteen of her sashes.

"Oh yea." Akai smiled maliciosly and cracked his knuckles.