Part 65: The Demonized Slayer

Lefty's breath grew shallow as his body cooled. His body was beyond torn up, internally as well as externally. And he felt as if the entire earth sat on his back.

"Yo." Righty announced his presence. 

Lefty looked up from the pile of ash he was laying in and groaned. "Let me die..."

"I would, but Upper Moon One is right there." Righty said, referring to Kokushibo, who was impatiently waiting some ways to their side.

In a flash, Lefty was up. He extended his right index finger and slit his own carotid (neck) artery, proceeding to swallow the seventeen-foot-long blood tentacle that came out of his neck. He sighed, stretching. His body might never be at one hundred percent after pouring all that power into Akaza, but he was at least healed enough to fight.

"Why isn't he coming at us?" Lefty asked.

"He wants to fight us both at once..." Righty whispered in Lefty's ear. Lefty paused, and let out a small chuckle.

"His funeral..." Lefty eyes let out an ominous red glow as he spoke.

"Are you done?" Kokushibo said in an icy tone.

"Yea, yea. Hold on." Lefty rolled his arms and yawned. 

"Good Demon. Red Comet. Show me a real battle." Kokushibo issued his challenge to the demon brothers. 

The brothers smirked.

"I think you misunderstand, Kokushibo."

In an instant, Righty had closed the distance and gripped the Upper Moon's sword with his two front fingers.

"How did he-" But Kokushibo's thoughts were cut off.

"This isn't going to be a fight..."

Righty's arm lit up with the golden ripple, flowing through his arm and into Kokushibo's blade. The ripple made contact with and sizzled the Upper Moon's hands. He made an effort to move his blade, but the Good Demon held his ground.

Kokushibo stared the Good Demon down, not showing any signs of pain to his opponent. Even as his hands sizzled as the golden ripple burned it.

FWOOSH!!!

Kokushibo tilted his head to the side, avoiding a flaming sideways kick from Lefty. The flames licked Kokushibo's cheek as the kick went by in a fraction of a blink of an eye. Righty took advantage of his tilted head and threw a kick up at it, nailing Kokushibo in the upper area of his chin. Kokushibo went flying, but Righty kept his iron grip on the blade; flying with him. Lefty came in from behind and planted a devastating punch into the Upper Moon's side, sending him flying sideways. The combo continued, with Lefty and Righty taking turns planting powerful blows into Kokushibo. 

"Enough." Kokushibo gripped his sword and twisted it violently, breaking Righty's hold on the blade. 

"Shit-" Righty was cut off as Kokushibo slashed him 3 times, splitting him into pieces. 

Kokushibo shook the blood from his blade, before dodging a dropkick from Lefty, casually lifting his blade to split him in two lengthwise. 

"Well, that was embarrassing." Lefty's halves chuckled as they came back together.  

"Tell me about it." Went one of Righty's chunks as his bits reconvened.

"What a disgrace." Kokushibo uttered. "All this power given to two fools."

"Okay, to be fair, we're two halves of one fool." Lefty said.

Despite their casual demeanor, inside their minds was a cacophony of different thoughts. All trying to come up with a plan to take down the Upper Moon.