Part 71: The Festival

"I'm sorry. But no." Ubiyashiki declared.

"Awww..." Righty muttered.

"What you're telling me is that you want us to leave our fortified position to go prance around in the middle of enemy territory." Ubuyashiki's voice was mellow, but he held no smile. Which was utterly terrifying.

"Well, when you put it like that..." Lefty winced.

"Wait, how about this:" Righty began. "What if Lefty and I throw a festival in the corp?" Righty asked. "We'd be safe, and able to enjoy ourselves." 

"...Now that seems like a better idea." Ubuyashiki noted. "I doubt the pillars would agree with such a thing. But a brief period of respite and festivities would undoubtedly refresh the recruits and boost their morale." He thought about it more. "Very well, I will call together the pillars, and we can discuss this further." Ubuyashiki decided.

---------

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!" Sanemi roared. "AND WASTE PRECIOUS TRAINING TIME!?!?" 

"It'll only be one night, and I feel like they deserve it." Righty said.

"I have a question!" Mitsuri raised her hand.

"You don't need to raise your hand, just ask." Lefty said.

"Okay! Will there be any food at the festival? And what kind of food!?" She asked.

"Uh... Anything you want really. If Righty uses his demon art, then it'll be all-you-can-eat." Lefty answered. Said answer made Mitsuri gasp and start drooling.

"So we're just gonna fatten ourselves up while the demons get stronger!?" Sanemi barked.

"You can just, like, not come, Sanemi." Righty muttered.

"I say let the kids be kids for one last night." Giyu spoke for once.

"I agree with Tomioka-san." Shinobu declared.

"I wanna eat tons of dessert!!!" Mitsuri shouted.

"I stand with Kanroji." Obanai raised his hand.

"Huh?" Muichiro wasn't paying attention.

"As long as it's flashy, why not?" Tengen shrugged.

"I'd love to see the young flames mingle!" Rengoku shouted passionately.

"If it's for one night, then I do not oppose it." Gyoumei said.

"Okay... So it's unanimous besides Sanemi?" Righty asked.

"Are you all insane!?" 

"Okay. Looks like it's decided!" Righty declared.

----------

"So how do you plan to get the festival set up by nightfall? I may be blind, but based on my body clock you don't have long." Ubuyashiki said.

"We're demons. Along with that, we'll have the Kakushi aid us." Righty answered.

"Very well. You children can enjoy yourselves for tonight." Ubuyashiki said, and chuckled. "It's quite unfortunate that I cannot attend, though." Ubuyashiki said melancholically.

"Actually, you might be able to..." Righty said. "With my demon art, there's a chance I could heal some of your afflicted body." Righty came forward and took Ubuyashiki's hand. "May I?" He asked.

"...Do as you wish..." Ubuyashiku closed his eyes, and Righty bared his glowing fangs, lightly biting down on Ubuyashiki's diseased flesh.

"Tastes like rancid mackeral... Wait-focus! Ahem. Heal..." Righty willed. The bit of flesh Righty bit began to glow, and before long, the light climbed its way up Ubuyashiki's arm and came to encompass his entire body.