Part 52: A Letter From Your Father

Akai,

I am writing this letter because there are some things you should know about me. There are also some things in this world that you shouldn't know about. But I write this to you because I believe that one of those things may take me from you tonight. Son, the demons in the old stories I told you when you were a baby were true. There are hundreds of man eating monsters prowling these mountains. And as for me, I am a Demon Slayer. You must remember this name: Muzan Kibutsuji. He is the projenator of all the demons that exist. The people I work with to bring down the demons have found his location, and I must strike with them to put an end to this war I have fought in the shadows. If I do not return after one day, assume I have am no more. If that does happen, you may live your life however you see fit. But if you truly wish to learn more about this secret war and more about me, then learn to hold the blade and join the Demon Slayers. If you do, then the bookshelf in the kitchen will teach you all you need to know. Most of all, I love you.

- Konpeki Suisei, Your father

Righty stared at the old letter. The paper was white and clean, and the hand-writing wasn't his father's. Which meant it was most likely rewritten from the original.

"So pops was a Slayer, huh?" Righty whispered to himself. When looning back, Righty realized all the hints. The extended 'trips' for wood cutting on the weekends, the demon slaying guide book in his home, and his father's terrifying axe. It all made sense.

"I hope that this isn't too groundbreaking of a revelation for you." Tecchin said.

"It's suprising... But looking back it makes sense." Righty muttered. "Was he strong?"

"Based on old scrolls, he was the Yoriichi of his era." Tecchin answered.

"Nice..." Righty smiled at the idea that his father was powerful. "And Muzan killed him, eh?" Akai looked up and met Tecchin's gaze.

"Yes. I'm sorry." Tecchin lowered his head mournfully.

Righty sighed.

"Muzan. You fucking scum."

Righty stood up with the axe in hand. He grasped his father's axe and tightenned his grip on it. He took in a deep breath and his arm lit up, the heat transfered from the hand grasping it down the handle and into the blade. Righty noticed it and smiled.

"It's like this was made for me..." He muttered and got up.

"It's an amazing coincidence that that axe; handle, blade and all, was made completely out of nichirin. This is your father's blessing." Tecchin said proudly.

"I can't wait to test it out..." Righty muttered. He felt an odd scemt flow into his noze.

UPPER MOON NEARBY

"Speak of the devil..." Righty muttered.

"The Upper Moons are here." Righty turned around and looked in the direction the scent came from.

"What!? They're here?" Tecchin began to panic.

"Don'tyouworryaboutitMr.TecchinI'llkillemGOTTABLAST!!!" Righty said in a rush and flew out of a window.
----------

Lefty and Genya sat at the table, they were chatting about life.

"And that's how my dad came known as the greatest fisherman of all time." Lefty finished.