Part 15: Spider Fight

"How far until we meet the other slayer!" Giyuu asked as they rushed through the brush.

"Soon. They should be just beyond this tree line!" Akai said. They nearly reached the stream when they heard a small object fly towards them. The object flew through Akai's head. Making him fall to the floor. Giyu's face first erupted in horror, but then calmed when he remembered Akai could heal. Akai's body instantaneously healed the hole in his head and he got up. He and Giyu lept behind a tree to avoid any more projectiles.

"Mr. Tomioka, you should go on ahead." Akai said. "I can fight better in close quarters, I'll cover you as you go." Akai drew his knife and took in a deep breath.

"Okay." Tomioka nodded.

"Alright then, GO!" Akai lept out with Giyu. He ran forward while the Water Pillar ran to the river. On cue, he saw small rocks fly out of the tree at high speeds. Akai gripped his knife and swung at every projectile, deflecting them while looking for the person that shot it. He focussed his eyes and saw a male spider demon with the body of an adult hunkered behind a tree. The demon had a long web coming out of his wrist that he'd grab rocks with. He swung his arms hard and released them to make them fly at those speeds.

"I'm gonna get you! You son of a-" Akai yelled at the demon before he noticed and narrowly avoided an old sword the demon had thrown to spice things up. "-Bitch..." Akai growled before sprinting forward. The demon saw him and wound up with more projectiles.

"Breath of The Cosmos... Second Form:" Akai whispered. "Serpent of the stars!" His body was engulfed in a snake the color of the night sky. The snake darted left and right in between the trees as it rushed towards the demon. The demon panicked and panic-fired every projectile he could find at the snake. The snake suddenly stopped and burst straight towards the demon with its jaws open.

"NO!!!" The demon screamed and stuck its webs to a tree. He tore the tree out of the ground and threw it at the snake with all his might. The tree seemed as if it would hit the snake. But the snake disappeared. And out came Akai, who had dodged to the side. He immediately closed the distance with the demon and brought a hard fist right into its chest. The demon vomited blood as it was sent flying away. Akai let out an exhausted breath as his legs began to emit smoke.

"No... No!" The demon yelled. "I'm not done! I won't let them hurt my family. I won't let them hurt you Rui! So says your Uncle!!!" The demon roared. It shot strands of silk from both its hands. The strands not only grabbed rocks off the floor but also grabbed old rusty swords and axes the demon had placed there beforehand.

"Oh fuck

"Oh fuck." Akai said and ducked as 4 rocks were thrown at him at once. The demon was charging at him now. He swung and twirled his weapons as he closed the distance.

"Come on then!" Akai smiled and held out his knife. He deflected seven more thrown rocks before the demon was on him. The demon lept high and flew down with an overhead swing. Akai jumped back and threw his knife, hoping to hit the demon before it could react. The demon spun and let out a circular slash. The knife was destroyed and Akai barely ducked the attack.

"Die!!!" The demon yelled and did an upward swing. Akai felt a rusty blade cleave its way up the side of his face and pulverize his eye. Akai flew back and rolled on the ground. He was left on all fours, panting as blood gushed from a giant Gash covering his cheek and eye.

"You shouldn't have messed with my family..." The demon bared his teeth. "You should've JUST LEFT US ALONE!!!" It roared. "But now I have to turn you into mincemeat..."

"You sure about that?" Akai licked the blood off his cheek and healed his wound. Akai brought his hand to his mouth and exposed his teeth.

"Oh, I'm sure!" The demon said maniacally. "I'll kill all of you!!! I'll eat your brains and leave the rest of you for the family!!!" He licked his lips in anticipation.

Akai ground his tooth against his hand. The hand glowed brightly and began changing shape. "Breath of the Cosmos... Form Three:" Akai whispered.

"And then I'll take your bones and give them to Rui's dad. Oh, how he loves breaking bones!" The Demon began spinning his blades, getting ready to attack again. "And then I-"

"Wrath of the Cosmos." Akai said with steam pouring from his mouth.

"Wha-" Akai flew forward and decapitated the demon. He had turned his right hand into a blade. The demon's head hit the floor and it began crumbling to dust.

"What the hell! What are you! You heal! You use blood demon arts!" But you work with THEM!!!" The uncle spider demon howled as it disintegrated.

"I'm a good demon, simple as that." Akai changed his hand back to normal and knelt down next to the head as the last bits of the scalp crumbled to dust. "Rest in peace." Akai said with a sigh. His legs were smoking and partially shriveled after he used that move. "Time to test my idea." Akai reached into his pocket and pulled out a giant empty syringe. He stuck it into his thigh with a grunt and drew half a litter of blood. He withdrew the needle from his leg and aimed it at his stomach. "Please work..." Akai whispered before plunging it into his belly with a groan. He injected the blood straight into his stomach. "Please... please... YES!!!" Akai prayed before shouting in celebration as his body digested the blood and healed. "Woohoo!!!" He shot up and ran to find Giyu. He sprinted out of the woods, jumped over the stream, and ran into the woods on the other side.

"Mr. Tomioka! Mr. Tomioka!!! Mr. To-" Akai skidded or a halt at what he saw in front of him. He saw a dude that looked around 15. He was wearing a boar mask and baggy pants with no shirt. He was tied up in a tree. Most likely by Tomioka.

"Hi." Akai gave the slayer a small wave.