Part 41.5: Good Morning

Tanjiro could slowly feel his eyes open. He had a dream about the how the first breath of the sun user met his ancestor.

"Morning." Akai greeted him at the bedside.

"Good morning, Akai." Tanjiro sighed. "How long has it been?"

"Two months." Akai said.

"Really? wow..." Tanjiro yawned and stretched gis arms. "Hey, what's up with your eyes, and your hair?" Tanjiro pointed at Akai's face. His eyes were similar to Shinobu's now, huge, cloudy sclera and no pupil. Akai also had a pink streak on a patch of his hair.

"It's a long story." Akai muttered.

"Are you feeling alright? I swear I had a dream where you split in two and became two Akai's..." Tanjiro muttered.

"That happened." Akai said.

"What!?" Tanjro sat up. "Is the other one here!?" Tanjiro asked frantically.

"Yup."

"Is he evil!?" Tanjiro leaned towards him.

"Eh...." Akai looked away in thought.

"WRYYYYYYY!!!!" The other Akai roared in the distance, followed by Naho, Kiyo and Sumi screaming in fear.

"He's a little evil..." The Akai sitting next to Tanjiro decided. "Anyways, buddy, just lay back down and rest. I got to deal with my Brother." Akai got up and left to get the other Akai. He met Kanao at the door.

"Akai?" Kanao said, wondering why he was in there.

"Your boyfriend is up." Akai said and walked past her.

"B-Boyfriend!?" Kanao stuttered.

"You should tell him you love him soon. Good luck! I believe in you!~" Akai chuckled and made a heart with fingers.

"GRRR!!!" The veins on Kanao's forehead started to bulge as she bared her teeth at him.

"Overstepped, sorry!" Akai turned around and ran away as fast as he could. He ran out of the estate and gradually slowed down when he heard three pairs of tiny footsteps.

"HELP US!!!" Naho, Kiyo and Sumi turned the corner and ran towards Akai. They jumped behind him and cowered in fear.

A few moments later, the second Akai turned the corner. He had only single tiny dots in his eyes for pupils and no sclera. He also had a red streak in his hair, unlike the first's pink streak.

"Lefty, don't scare the girls. You'll get in trouble" The first Akai warned, shielding the three sisters from his counterpart.

"Aw come on Righty, it's so fun!" 'Lefty' Akai shrugged.

"Do you want Kanao to kick you in the nuts again?" 'Righty' Akai asked.

"Uh... Fine dammit, fine." Lefty growled.

"Go inside." Righty ordered the girls. They nodded and scurried into the estate. "Come on, let's go hang out at Mr. Himejima's place." Righty went. Lefty sighed and followed.

"It's crazy how we were ready to kill eatchother two months ago." Lefty sighed.

"But now we're brothers!" Righty laughed and put an arm around Lefty's back. They both laughed and strode down the trail together.

Now you're probably wondering what went down the past two months. I'm wondering as well. Why don't we take a look at it?

----------

And so, we will go into the story of the two Akai's, and how they learned to coexist.