Part 35: Not all There

"Pig assault!!!" Inosuke yelled as he flew through one of the holes.

"HOLY SHIT! INOSUKE!!!" Akai screamed with pure happiness upon seeing his friend here to save him.

"Ariko? What are you doing here!?" Inosuke yelled back at him.

"She caught me! But I'm okay. Not okay. She's turned people into sashes and hung them up on the ceiling!" Akai explained the best he could.

Inosuke looked up and saw the sashes hung up all around the top of the cavern.

"I'll cut these people down, then I'll get you!" Inosuke decided.

"What!? NO!!! Cut me ou- WATCH OUT FOR THE MAGGOT SASH!!!" Akai suddenly yelled as the sash with eyes and a mouth surged towards Inosuke.

Inosuke dodged forward and narrowly avoided the sash.

"If it gets you, it'll turn you into a sash! Come over and cut me loose!" Akai yelled to Inosuke.

"Alright!" Inosuke ran over and swung his blades violently, cleaving through the sashes that bound Akai. Akai rolled forward and avoided the cut sashes as they tried to grab him again. He swiftly turned and breathed fire on the sashes, burning them to ash.

"Cut em loose! I'll get the eye sash!" Akai ordered.

"Don't tell me what to!" Inosuke spat, but followed anyway. He jumped and swung his blades with amazing speed and precision, cutting the sashes while making sure to not cut the parts of the sash with the people patterns.

Once all slashes were cut, they slowly turned back into people.

Akai saw the maggot sash surge toward him, so he held his arm out. The sash bit down on his arm and coiled around it. It squeezed and broke his arm with a sickening crunch, bursting veins and bathing it in blood. Akai only stared at it like it was a mosquito. He flexed his arm and set the blood covering his arm ablaze. The maggot sash shrieked in pain and writhed in agony before burning to ash.

"You alright, Akoi? There's a lot of blood on you." Inosuke turned to him and pointed out that he was caked in blood.

"Well, it hurts a little but- Fine. never better." Akai's darker voice cut in suddenly, and his arm snapped back into place instantly.

More maggot sashes started to come out of the cracks and crevices in the cavern. Soon, Akai and Inosuke would be overrun by the living fabric.

"Keep the maggot sashes from the people!" Akai yelled.

"I'm doing that!"

"WELL- fine. nevermind. Piss me off..."

Akai suddenly saw a kunai fly into one of the sashes, making it writhe in pain. He turned to where it came from and saw two women standing together.

" 'Maggot sash' huh? Couldn't have said it better myself!" The first woman said and pulled out another kunai. Akai smelled wisteria coming from them, were they Uzui's wives?

"That thing is so gross. You are so right!" The second woman stood with the other, trembling. "I'm telling Tengen-Sama!"

Yup. Definitely Tengen's wives.

"We'll back you up! So good luck there boar head!"

"Who are you?" Inosuke asked, not catching on to the obvious answer.

"We're Uzui's wives. But I can't fight very well, so don't expect too much from me!" One of the wives went.

"Suma! stop acting like a weakling!" The other wife yelled at her, also giving her name.