Part 58: The Coward's Bitter End

The group of six divided in two. Lefty and Mitsuri rushed the justice demon while Righty, Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Genya ran to the mass of swirling wood that the true body of Hantengu was hiding in.

Mitsuri flew forward in a blur, shredding the wood dragons to pieces. She was even faster than before. On her chest was a small, clover shaped mark.

Lefty joined her and sprouted dozens of blood tentacles from his back. Each tentacle had an axe-like blade at its end. In a blur, they tore through the tree dragons. Whatever happened, they needed to draw its attention away from the others that went after the demon's true body.

Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Genya were climbing up the trunk that led to where the true body of Hantengu was hiding. The mass of wood shook violently to try and shake them off.

Righty was fighting on the ground. The justice demon knew he was the biggest threat to the original body, so it sent thousands of vines to keep him busy. Whatever happened, they had to kill Hantengu!

Genya and Nezuko were making no progress. Nezuko was shaken off and grabbed by vines while Genya could barely maintain a good grip. Out of desperation, Genya bit down on the tree and ate some of the wood, imbuing his body with demonic essence. Using this inhuman strength, he blew through the trunk with his bare hands. Righty let out a pulse of heat from his body, incinerating the vines. Both of them jumped to break open the wood core holding Hantengu.

Tanjiro jumped high into the air and readied his blade.

"Dance of the Fire God: Flame Waltz!!!" Tanjiro yelled as he unleashed multiple vertical and horizontal slashes down on the core holding the original body of Hantengu, Right as Genya and Righty jumped to join him.

When the core opened, they found that Hantengu was nowhere to be seen.

"HUH!?" They all thought in sudden shock.

The three of them began looking in all directions, trying to see where it went.

"THERE!!!" Genya yelled. He pointed to the tiny body of Hantengu scurrying away.

"DON'T RUN AWAY FROM US, YOU BASTARD!!! FACE YOUR CONSEQUENCES!!!" Tanjiro screamed.

Genya pulled a tree out of the ground and flung it at Hantengu. The demon was soon showered with tree trunks. Nezuko ran in and tried to slice him with her claws. These attacks only terrified him more, and he tripled in speed.

Righty charged his axe with as much energy as he could, hoping to throw it with all his strength.

Tanjiro blasted forward, the speed was akin to Zenitsu's thunderclap and flash. In an instant, he brought his blade down on Hantengu's neck, making him shriek.

"I'm pitiful...!" Hantengu whimpered.

"CAN'T YOU SEE THAT!?!?!!" Hantengu grew huge, so much so that Tanjiro's blade was buried in his neck.  He reached forward and grabbed Tanjiro by the sides, hoping to crush him in his gargantuan hands.

"DON'T YOU BULLY MEEEEEEE!!!!!" He screamed and went to smash Tanjiro. But in the knick of time, Genya grabbed both of the hands, stopping them from closing. Just as he did this, Nezuko showered Hantengu in burning blood, making him roar and loosen his grip further.

"You're logic's fucked up, you piece of shit!!!" Genya roared and pulled the hands apart. He was so strong due to the demon essence that he tore Hantengu's arms off. Hantengu shrieked in pain, letting out a booming, gutteral roar.

And finally.

CRASH!!!

Righty's axe flew right into Hantengu's head. Caving in the top of his skull and splitting his forehead in half.