Part 41: Breakdown

Akai held his ground as the sibling demons stared on. His chest emitted an orange glow and the air was full of the sounds of a superheated heart beating.

"Get them, Akai." Tanjiro thought on the ground.

"What the fuck...?" Gyutaro regrew his arm and stepped back ever so slightly.

"Sixty seconds.."

...

...

...

...

"What?" Gyutaro raised an eyebrow.

"One minute. I'll have killed you both by then." Akai said with dead seriousness. Steam poured from his chest wound, but he paid it no mind.

"What the hell? Is he crazy?" Daki muttered. "We can kill him, right Onii-chan?" She turned to him with a careless grin.

"..." Gyutaro held his ground, the aura Akai gave off held him in place. "Be careful, sis. He's not the same as earlier." Gyutaro said cautiously.

"Yea yea, whatever." Daki chuckled. "Look at him, he'll die in seconds. All that blood is coming out of him, look." Daki pointed at Akai's chest, which was spewing blood.

"That's the thing. Something's wrong... He should have run dry already, but it's still coming out." Gyutaro said.

Akai stared at them as a large puddle of red hot blood pooled around his feet.

For a thousand years, Akai was drinking his blood. Gulp by gulp. Gallon by gallon. He drank and drank without stop. All that blood, it had to go somewhere.

And it was being used now.

"Your time... Starts..." Akai wasn't allowed to finish his sentence, as Gyutaro and Daki descended on him. He was surrounded by splattersickles and sashes instantly.

"Now." Akai muttered. He swiftly lept through a small gap in the demons' attack and landed on his feet. "Serpent of The Stars" Akai was instantly enveloped in the star serpent. It hissed and zipped forward, dodging and weaving through the sashes. It followed the sashes straight to Daki and opened its mouth.

"Sis!" Gyutaro threw a sickle at the serpent's head, but it slipped right through it. Seeing as the snake was simply a way to mask Akai's movements underneath. Akai flew out of the snake and clobbered Daki in the face, she wailed in pain as the force of the punch flattened her head and sent her flying fifty feet into the wreckage of a house.

"Daki!!!" Gyutaro yelled in her direction. "You fuckin'-" Gyutaro rushed toward Akai. Akai growled and a tendril of blood shot from his chest and onto his arm. The glob of blood formed into a blade on Akai's forearm, which he promptly used to clash with Gyutaro's sickle. "What the fuck are you...?" Gyutaro growled.

"Honestly. I don't even know anymore." Akai smiled and formed another blood blade on his other arm. "Ten seconds have passed."  He swung it hard and Gyutaro caught it with his other sickle. They scowled at each other and let out a flurry of attacks at each other. The air erupted in the roars hundreds of attacks clashing together.

"BASTARD!!!" Gyutaro swung as hard as he could and broke a blood blade. His sickle fled in and planted itself in Akai's ribcage.

"So the blades are weaker than normal." Akai sprouted bladed blood tendrils from his back, which turned to Gyutaro and began a violent assault on him. "Annoying." Akai pulled the sickle out of his body as Gyutaro barely held off the tendrils.

"GRRR!!!" Gyutaro tore past them and swung for Akai's neck. Akai narrowly dodged and jumped back. He had a large gash in his neck that spewed blood. He had nearly been beheaded. He swiftly turned around as one of his arms was wrapped in sashes.