xix.

'Do this for yourself Eunji, not for him'

"Eunji... my head hurts," Hyunjin whined over the line and you smiled.

"Dummy. If you only hadn't kissed me so much yesterday-" You heard him groan.

"Please don't remind me. It's so embarrassing how I just jumped you like that-"

"Oh ho ho. You seemed so confident yesterday when you just rammed your lips onto mine."

"Shut upppppp," Hyunjin whined before you heard distant coughing in the background.

"Oh my god, Hyunjin. Are you alright?" You asked.

"I'm fine." He squeaked. You laughed and flipped back onto your stomach, resting your phone on one ear.

After the roller coaster of emotions from yesterday, both of you stayed home since, of course, you were sick.

"Hyunjin, did you get the email from Mrs. Jung? She sent us the PDF's of the practice exams for this week."

You heard some of the bed sheets rustling through the phone. "Yeah. Wanna do it together?"

You laughed softly, "I was thinking the same thing. Sure, but no copying." You said the last part with a firm tone, and Hyunjin's angelic laughter rang from the other side of the line.

"Alright then. I'm gonna go get some sleep, so you better rest too." You snorted. Typical Hyunjin. It was only 1 pm but he was taking his fourth nap of the day. (if i didn't have school i would probably take like 10 naps a day honestly)

"Okay, have a good nap. Bye."

"Bye." You ended the call and squealed. Kicking your feet on the bed, you rolled back and forth on the bed, squealing to your heart's content.

Once you were done, you sat up and pulled your laptop onto your lap. Pulling up the PDF file Mrs. Jung sent you, you quickly scanned through it.

"It doesn't matter if I'm dating... him." You blushed to yourself. "I'm still gonna beat him and get first place." You said.

Tying your hair up into a high messy bun, you began to study. An hour passed, then two, and you were still staring at the bright screen.

Your ears began to ring as your eyes lost focus. Wincing in pain, you rubbed your temples, trying to ease the pain.

"Eunji, do you know how hard it is for a woman to succeed in this society? Do you think you can start at the same level as men? Never. That's why your family, parents, wealth, education, and looks are your assets. You have it all. What don't you have? What are you lacking? All you need to do is study now! Just suffer for a few more years until you end up at Harvard or Yale! You can do whatever you want after that. I won't interfere. I'm not asking you to do anything else right now. I just want you to study. Why can't you do that?"