xiii.

'How can I stay still when my heart goes crazy when I'm near you?'

"Did you know that turtles breathe through their butts?" Hyunjin asked.

You scoffed. "If only you cared about your schoolwork as much as you cared about how turtles breathe." He pouted, disappointed by your reaction.

"But at least I get straight A's." He retorted.

The two of you were on your bed again, lying down on your stomachs with your feet sticking out from the bottom of your bed. More like Hyunjin's feet sticking out, you weren't tall enough for your feet to dangle off the edge of your comforter.

"You won't anymore." Your thumb tapped on the phone of your screen as you scrolled through your school's home page on their website. "The district changed the schedule, mock tests are next week and it's the finals a week after."

"You're kidding." He adjusted himself and flipped onto his back, his hands resting under his head.

"I wish I was. You better go to school, Hyunjin. I still don't understand why you're here when you should be studying. I don't want you to fail high school because of me." You told him.

"I don't really think- wait." He paused.

"What?" You asked. Your feet kicked in the air as you quietly coughed into your elbow.

"Did you just call me Hyunjin?" Hyunjin sat up, bewildered.

You followed after him, taking your time to sit up or else the world was gonna spin, and shrugged playfully. "I don't know, did I?" You clicked through Instagram and cooed when you saw that Minho had posted another picture of his cats.

"They're so cute, but how do they survive with Minho everyday? Poor kitties."

"Eunji, don't change the subject. Did you call me Hyunjin?" He grabbed your shoulders and shook you violently. "aNsWeR mE!"

You pushed Hyunjin's hands away from your shoulders. "Yeah I did." You answered nonchalantly. The poor boy sat there in shock as you continued to watch a hamster eat celery. "This hamster reminds me of Jisung."

"Eunjiiiiii stop changing the subjectttttttttttt." Hyunjin whined and you glared at him.

"I answered yes, what do you mean I'm changing the subject?" You set down your phone and looked at him square in the eyes. "I called you Hyunjin because I feel much closer to you and much more comfortable with you, and I'm expressing that by calling you by your first name."

Hyunjin's jaw went slack. "I- I... Y-you-" You let out a small sigh.

"But it seems like you don't like it, so I'll go back to calling you Hwang if that's what you want-" Hyunjin cut you off abruptly, shaking his hands.