xvi.

"Undeniable feelings" 

-Sunday evening-

Jeongin let out another deep sigh that didn't go unnoticed by you.

"Jeongin, what's wrong? You've been sighing the whole time we've been watching this movie." You asked, eyes not leaving the screen for a millisecond.

"Noona," The younger boy turned his body around to face you, and you finally got yourself to tear your eyes away from the screen where Elsa was singing. "I have a question."

You adjusted the pillow on your lap and turned to face him, leaning on the backboard of the couch with your elbow. "Shoot."

Jeongin twiddled with his thumbs in his lap, trying to think of the right words to say. "Wh-what do you think of Hyunjinnie hyung?"

Your heart leapt into your throat when he asked that. Was I that obvious? "What about him?" You retaliated with a question.

"Like... what do you think of him." He questioned.

You shrugged, "I mean, he's annoying sometimes but he's a good kid. Funny, sweet, and kind. He seemed like those boys who flirt with all the girls in his class, but he's surprisingly on the innocent side. He has a deeper side of him that he barely shows to people, where he likes to think about life. Hyunjin actually says pretty interesting things but there was this one time he asked me if water was wet, and I told him it wasn't but he argued that it was and that earned him a whack on the head with a pillow."

You cast a glance towards your cousin and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I was rambling."

He shook his head. "No, no it's fine. But... what do you think of him, as a boy?" You looked at him with a confused look.

'Was I that obvious?'

"He's a boy. Why do you ask?" Jeongin shrugged and fiddled with the fringe of a throw pillow that was next to him.

"I was wondering if you liked him... as a guy."

'Yup. It was too obvious.'

"Jeongin-ah." You lowered the volume of the TV before turning back to face your cousin. "Can you keep a secret?"

Jeongin visibly gulped. Why did this scene seem so similar?

-Last Friday / aka the day Eunji skipped school to go Hyunjin's house-

I rested my head against the dirty glass window of the crowded subway, but I didn't care. Eunji noona was engrossed in some Youtube video about volleyball, and I was about to spam her with emojis when I received a text from Hyunjinnie hyung.

Jinnie hyung

hey

Me