xiv.

"Don't let her go. She's something real special." 

"Kkami! Mom! I'm home!" Hyunjin yelled as he took his shoes off. You followed suit, bowing your head.

"Pardon the intrusion." You poked your head into the living room and saw a small black and white long haired Chihuahua staring at you from the luxurious leather couch. He cocked his head at you, curious about the newcomer that entered his territory.

"Kkami!! Come to hyung." Hyunjin said. He opened up his arms and instead of running into his embrace, Kkami jumped off the couch and cautiously approached you. Hyunjin looked betrayed as he watched Kkami saunter up to you and sniff your right leg.

"Hey boy..." You whispered, scared you might surprise him. After 5 very long and agonizing seconds, he happily licked your leg with his tail wagging.

Hyunjin made a sound of betrayal as he watched you crouch and pet Kkami. "You got rejected by Kkami again?" You heard another voice at the entrance, and you whipped around to see who it was.

"Oh, hello!" You stood back up and bowed to the older woman who stood by the doorway. She looked just like Hyunjin, the same eyes, nose, and lips with gray sprinkled into the same pitch black hair that was tied in a low bun at the nape of her neck.

"Kkami usually doesn't warm to strangers that easily. This is something we've never seen before." The woman let out a soft laugh that sounded so similar to Hyunjin's.

"Mom, this is-"

"Eunji, yeah I know Hyunjin, I don't have dementia. I know a pretty girl when I see one." She smirked at Hyunjin and turned to you. "I'm Hyunjin's mom."

You bowed to her, "Nice to meet you Mrs. Hwang." You smiled at her, but she playfully wagged her finger at you.

"First of all, Ms. Hwang. And second, no need to be so formal with me. Hyunjin talks about you all the time, so I feel like I already know you like my own daughter." You grinned.

"Well uh, I'm gonna go now. I still have to go to the library with the other guys to study." You bowed to Ms. Hwang and went back into the mudroom where your white sneakers were waiting for you.

"Good bye!!" You gave Kkami, who was whining, one last pat on his soft head before leaving the Hwang house.

-Hwang Hyunjin POV-

I waited until I heard the door close to let out a frustrated sigh.

"Mom!" I ran a hand through my hair and looked at the woman who had just humiliated me.

"Hmm?" My mom just looked at me, innocently batting her eyes. "Is there something wrong Jinnie?"

I groaned, embarrassed at what had just happened. "Mommmmmm."