xi.

"I wonder how he's doing..."

"He's doing just fine. Thanks to you" 

You let out a sigh. "Explain to me again why you're here? Instead of being at school?" You asked. Hyunjin looked down, scuffing his shoe on the floor outside your front porch.

It was the next morning, and when you woke up, you were miraculously in your bed instead of passed out on the couch. You were trying to recall last night when you heard someone ringing the doorbell. Repeatedly, in a very rushed matter. Still half asleep with your clothes and hair disheveled, you took your sweet time answering the door.

"I want to hang out with you." Hwang muttered. You crossed your arms over your chest and leaned on the door frame, propping the door open with one foot.

"Instead of skipping school? I don't think so. Besides, I'm sick." You told the boy. He pouted, disappointed in your answer.

"Please? I won't get sick, I promise. I'm a very healthy boy, and I have a strong immune system." Hwang begged. You ran a hand through your messy hair with a sigh, thinking about it.

Hwang swore he felt his heart skip a beat when you did that. Your raven black hair running through your slender fingers, the way your clothes from yesterday were crinkled up from sleep, your sparkly brown irises staring up at him.

"Fine. But if you get sick, don't blame me." You muttered.

"Yay!" Hyunjin clapped his hands together, jumping up and down.

You pressed a finger to your lips, signaling him to be quiet. "But you need to be quiet. My aunt and uncle are still sleeping."

--

"Your room is so neat." Hyunjin said. He poked around your room, peeking at your belongings and looking for a speck of dust.

There was none.

Truth be told, you weren't the neatest person on the block. Especially during the exam season, your room becomes a pigsty. A complete mess with clothes on the floor, sticky notes stuck all over the wall, and food wrappers everywhere to finish it off.

So when you let Hyunjin in, you shoved him into Jeongin's room so you could clean up before letting him in your room.

"Oh. What's this?" Hwang asked. He picked up an old photo album that you were looking at yesterday. They were old pictures from when you were a little kid, with your parents and old childhood memories.

"That? Oh, that's uh nothing." You said. You watched as Hwang flipped through the plastic covered pages silently, except for the occasional crinkle of the plastic or a small laugh from him.

"Who's this?" He questioned. He was pointing at a photo of you and a boy.

You squinted, trying to remember. "Oh... I don't know his name, but we used to be best friends."