xvii.

"It's you" 

-The next day-

"Tzuyu, come here!" You waved Tzuyu over, and she quickly made her way down the crowded hallway to your locker where you and the rest of Sana's friends were hanging out, waiting for the bell to ring.

Chaeyoung giggled, "You know, I heard that-" The loud school bell interrupted her, and we all burst into laughter.

"You can tell us after school, Chaeyoung, let's go, we're gonna be late for class." Momo linked arms with you and Mina and dragged you down the hallway to your next class, economics. You all went your separate ways, some of you going to the east wing while the others went outside for PE. 

"Wait guys, I'm gonna use the restroom. You two can go without me." Mina pointed to the girl's restroom, and you and Momo nodded.

"Sure, take your time but don't take too long. Ms. Seo is super strict." Momo nodded.

"Yeah, and not to mention the fact that she's Changbin's older sister but she doesn't play favorites."

"Yeah yeah, don't worry about me. Just go on, you two. I'll catch up." Mina waved at you before disappearing around the corner.

The two of you made your way down the busy hallway, and Mom interrupted the comfortable silence after a short while. "So... how have you been?"

You gave Momo a funny look, "You saw me yesterday, what do you mean?"

"Do you seriously not remember me?" Momo smiled at you, but you were still confused.

"No? I mean we first met at school, right?" You asked.

She giggled. "Yui-chan, don't you remember me?" She pulled out thick black framed glasses and put them on. "It's me, Hirai Momo from junior high."

You stopped in your tracks. Hirai wasn't your friend, but you were close acquaintances back in junior high. Since neither of you were very social, whenever there were group projects, it was natural for you to work together, almost as natural as the flow of water.

"Oh my god Hirai? How are you?" You asked, clasping Momo's hands.

"I'm doing good. What about you? Are you feeling better?" She asked, her grip tightening on your shaking hands.

-Flashback-

"Yui-chan, a-are you okay?" 15 year old Momo looked at Eunji with worry as she made her way to the restroom sink at an agonizing slow pace.

Eunji nodded, blood visibly dripping down her leg. "Yeah, I'm fine Hirai. Don't worry about me."

"Yui-chan, you can't hold out much longer. You need to tell a teacher." Eunji ignored Momo and began to wash up the blood that was collecting at the bottom of her leg. "Nakamura look at me."