xii.

"I hate it when you're right."

"I'm always right." 

"Flirt. With. Me. One. More. Time. And. I. Will-" Hwang grabbed your wrist, stopping you from giving him any more brain damage.

"That hurts." Hwang pouted.

You sighed. "Then don't do that again." He let go of your wrist and sat up abruptly, scaring you in the process. You thought he was gonna- 'No. What's gotten into you Eunji?' You shook your head, trying to chase those thoughts away.

"Try calling me Hyunjin." Hwang said. You frowned, disgusted by the thought of calling him by his first name.

"I only call people by their first names when we're friends." You told him, trying to hide your smile when you saw his face of shock.

"W-we're not friends?" Hwang's face was priceless. He looked like a kicked puppy and his eyes were wide as saucers. His plump bottom lip stuck out into a pout, he almost looked kind of cute.

"Of course we're friends dummy." Your heart skipped a beat when you said this. Friends? Since when did I consider this annoying kid my friend?

"Oh good. You scared me for a second there, I-" Your ears perked up. You heard your aunt and uncle leaving the house, and on pure instinct, you slapped your hand over Hwang's mouth, cutting him off.

"Eunji, sweetie! We're leaving! Make sure to eat lunch on time, and we have some fruit in the fridge if you want any!" Your aunt yelled.

"Thank you! Have a safe trip!" You hollered back.

"Why did you do that?" Hwang asked. He pulled your hand off his mouth and looked up at you.

"How do you think they would react when they find out that I brought a boy into the house." You demanded.

"True..." Hwang trailed off. It was then you realized he was still holding your hand, and it seemed as though he had just noticed too.

"Oh uh sorry." You quickly pulled away as you felt your face burn a shade of crimson red.

"So uh... what do you want to do?"

--

"Wait, wait, wait. I think we're supposed to measure the sugar first." Hwang said. He stared at the bowl of butter as you continued to pour sugar into the mix. You guys decided to make sugar cookies, and you decided you wanted to put an emphasis on the word 'sugar'.

"Why not? It's more fun if we guess." You giggled. "Give me the egg." Hwang silently handed you the egg obediently and you cracked it into the bowl.