goodnight n go

hinata had made a terrible mistake. when his parents had told him they would be spending a week in osaka, hinata had begged them to let him stay. he'd had friends who sometimes stayed alone in their houses without their parents and they always bragged about how fun it was, how it felt to be free of responsibilities and chores, completely in control of everything their house. hinata wanted that, but it came with a catch.

his mother told him that if he was going to stay at home, she was going to leave natsu as well. since it was summer, hinata would have nothing to do other than take care of her, and his parents thought it would be a "helpful experience". hinata didn't mind it; he'd taken care of natsu loads of times, and it was never too difficult. taking care of her alone for a straight week would probably be much worse, but hinata's mind was too dazzled with the prospect of having the house to himself that he agreed.

that had been hinata's terrible mistake. but he could never have predicted the havoc that a five year old child could wreak throughout the house when her parents weren't around. natsu was never this chaotic, but something about being without the supervision of their parents had changed her.

she was running around the house, refusing to eat, refusing to clean the messes she'd made, or at least let hinata clean her up. she was screaming at the top of her lungs, drawing on the walls, climbing shelves to reach things she wasn't allowed to touch, and it was all just too much for hinata, even on the first night. he couldn't do this alone.

me: kageyama, can you come over?

kageyama: no

hinata rolled his eyes, looking over his phone at natsu, trailing her sticky fingers all along her tablet, still refusing to eat her food. he knew kageyama would be stubborn, but hinata was willing to beg at this point. kageyama was the only person hinata knew who would actually be free today.

me: please

me: kageyama

me: i really need you

now hinata was getting left on delivered, and he knew kageyama was getting the notifications on his phone and swiping up, ignoring hinata's messages.

me: my parents aren't home either

seen at 7:36 pm.

so that seemed to get kageyama's attention, though hinata didn't know why.

kageyama: ...

kageyama: so what if your parents aren't home?

me: we could have fun...

me: we'd have the house to ourselves...

me: you could stay over for the night

hinata was just lying now, but he already accepted the fact that he was willing to try anything. kageyama took quite a while to answer before he texted -

kageyama: ...you really want me to come over?

me: well i kind of need you

me: there's... something i can't do alone

me: and you're the only person i can think of asking

hinata thought for a moment before adding -

me: and i would rather do it with you than anyone else :)

yeah, that seemed good. hinata could make kageyama feel like hinata had specifically, especially wanted him to come over and make use of this big, empty house. that might persuade him a bit more.