multiplayer

kenma's online friends have left him for the night and he needs someone to play king explosion murder with. luckily, he has real friends! but he's about to learn that volleyball players and video games do not mix well.

lonesoldierkenma: who's up for a game tonight? volleyball practice ended early

prideofsword: i can't sorry i've got a test tomorrow if my mom sees me playing she'll go insane

shadowkid123: yeah me neither i'm supposed to go out with my friends today

simpformikasa: yeah and i've got to

lonesoldierkenma: ok i get it you all have lives and i don't

shadowkid123: LMFAOOOO

simpformikasa: why don't u just join a random group

prideofsword: bc yall should know by now kenma's antisocial

lonesoldierkenma: shut up i have friends ok

yeah, i have friends, kenma told himself as he watched his online friends log off the server one by one. there was one person that came to mind when kenma would think about friends, and though he really didn't want to call him, he had no choice. desperate times called for desperate measures.

"what's up, kenma?" said kuroo from the other side of the phone as he picked up. "surprised you're calling me, thought you'd be hunched over your computer with your noise cancelling headphones playing games all weekend."

kenma froze as he realized kuroo just described kenma's exact position. "well, actually, i'm calling to ask if . . . you wanna play a game with me?"

"i never thought i'd hear those words coming out of your mouth," said kuroo, stunned. "hell, yeah, let's do it. why haven't you asked me sooner?"

"you're a last resort, kuroo." and i'm starting to think i shoudn't have called you at all. i've got a bad feeling about this.

after a painstakingly long hour of kenma helping kuroo get the game set up on his computer in which kenma resisted the urge to swear at him multiple times, they were good to go.

SEXYEINSTEIN69 HAS JOINED THE SERVER

"seriously?" said kenma after seeing the username.

"just sexy einstein was taken."

kenma sighed and tried to cope with this new development.

"all you have to do is guard your territory and kill anyone that tries to come near it," kenma explained into the mic. "you can set up traps too and i gave you a bunch of materials to -"

"what does this thing do?"

that was the last thing kenma heard before he watched kuroo's avatar spontaneously combust and listened to the silence on the other end that indicated kuroo had been kicked out. kenma waited for him in enraged silence for a couple minutes before he realized kuroo did not know how to respawn.

"what the hell, kuroo?" kenma demanded after calling him up again.

"i don't know what happened," said kuroo, sounding as though he was shaking with laughter.

i did not think i'd ever have to tell anyone this, kenma thought as he explained to kuroo that he was not supposed to use the bombs or tnt on himself.

"i know that, dude, i'm not stupid," said kuroo dismissively as he respawned.

"you blew yourself up after three seconds in this game and i don't even know how you managed to do it."