balancing the scales

young ambition: say we'll go slow but we never listen.

play wrestling never turns out right for hinata and kageyama.

[caution - smut, reader discretion advised.]

"oooh, i wish i could do a broad jump like that!" hinata gushed, leaning forward as he stared at the tv.

"oh, my god, hinata," kageyama sighed exasperatedly, clicking a button on the remote and pausing the video. hinata looked at him, confused. he remembered kageyama saying he wanted to finish all of these tapes before his mom came home and would tell him to start studying.

"why'd you do that?"

"because you keep praising these guys and degrading yourself, it's annoying," kageyama explained, glowering at hinata.

hinata glared back. "just let me watch it my way. i don't say anything when you watch with your finger pressed to your lip and that scary look on your face." kageyama's eyes narrowed.

"play it, kageyama..." hinata whined, but kageyama turned away. now it was time to use force.

kageyama held the remote up as hinata reached for it, smirking. hinata knew that if he allowed it, kageyama would stand up, using his height as an advantage while hinata would simply be bobbing his head underneath him, so to prevent that, hinata scrambled up on top of kageyama, straddling his legs and laughing as he grabbed for the remote.

kageyama widened his eyes, his lips pressed together, apparently startled by this movement of hinata's, but he didn't bring the remote down, so hinata continued, pushing closer towards kageyama, gripping his shoulders and hoisting himself up to reach the remote.

"shit, hinata," said kageyama sharply. "stop."

"not until you give me the remote," said hinata, smirking.

"no, i'm serious, stop," kageyama replied, sounding slightly nervous now.

"not stopping," said hinata, wiggling around, his fingers still stretching for the remote. but suddenly, kageyama dropped it into hinata's hands without much of a fight. hinata was happy for a moment, before he felt something nudging him... down there. he didn't have to look for longer than a second before he realized what had happened, snapping his gaze back up and fixing it at a spot over kageyama's shoulder, not wanting to look him in the eye.

"kageyama..." he said anxiously, shrinking back. "why... are you so excited?"

kageyama let out a sound that was a mingled whimper and yelp before roughly shoving hinata off of him.

"i told you to stop, you dumbass!" he said loudly, snatching a pillow from beside him and covering his crotch with it. "why did you keep going?"

"i... didn't think... that would happen," hinata admitted, still not meeting kageyama's eyeline. he had never been so embarrassed in his entire life and it wasn't even him who had gotten hard. "are you really... that starved for contact... that you get excited at the slightest touch?"

kageyama might have reached out and squeezed hinata's head if he wasn't so adamant about keeping away from hinata right now.

"fuck you, hinata, that wasn't 'the slightest touch'," he said angrily, gritting his teeth. "you, like, rubbed your thing against mine."

hinata blushed, looking down. "sorry. but it didn't happen to me."

kageyama sighed, biting his lip and pressing down on the pillow that was laid over his lap. "yeah, i can see that."