seven minutes in heaven

i know i'd miss you, baby, if i left right now.

part two to inhibitions.

kageyama and hinata may have gotten what they wanted out of that one night at daichi's party, but how do they find their way of getting it again?

[caution - smut, reader discretion advised.]

hinata wasn't sure how and when it had happened, but time seemed to be moving very quickly, and before he could even process it, a month had passed since daichi's party. which meant a month had passed since hinata and kageyama had hooked up, yet neither had spoken even a word of it after that night. at first, hinata wondered if kageyama had just been so drunk that he simply forgot, but sometimes hinata would catch kageyama staring at him in the locker room and he'd know exactly what kageyama was thinking. he definitely remembered.

and of course, hinata remembered. he didn't think he'd ever be able to forget, even though he'd tried very hard to the first couple of days after the party, even trying to convince himself it had simply been a fantasy. but he knew deep down it wasn't, and privately, he liked remembering it. the scene usually came back to him late at night, when he had nothing else to fill his mind with, and he'd remember kageyama's helpless moans and hinata's hands would go straight to his underwear.

it seemed impossible that it had actually happened, yet also impossible to deny. hinata wondered if kageyama, too, thought about hinata late at night, thought about running his fingers through his hair again, how good it felt... kageyama hadn't done the hair grab thing since that night and hinata was starting to miss it.

hinata wanted to talk to kageyama about that night, and most of all he wanted that talk to turn into a repeat of what had happened. he'd even said, before he went home that night that he wanted to do it again sometime, but maybe kageyama hadn't believed him, or maybe he didn't remember that tiny detail. whatever it was, kageyama had been avoiding hinata off the court for a while now, and even when on the court they were both less intimate with each other, which upset hinata. that was why it was such a good idea to invite kageyama along to a party he'd been invited to.

"at oikawa san's house?" asked kageyama incredulously after reading the text message from hinata's phone. "you were invited?"

"me, daichi san, sugawara san, and the whole girls' volleyball team," said hinata, tucking his phone away again as he propped one shoe up on the bench to tie it. "at least that's just who we know from karasuno - kenma and kuroo san are also coming, and probably the rest of the seijoh team, terushima san..."

"i don't get it, why wasn't i invited?" said kageyama, frowning.

"eh? uh, i don't know," hinata answered, shrugging. "but they said i can bring a guest so i thought i'd bring you."

kageyama turned his back to hinata as he pulled off his gym shirt. "dumbass. why don't you bring a girl?"

"i think you know why," said hinata sharply and kageyama turned around, his shirt still unbuttoned. that was the first time hinata had even slightly mentioned or referenced what had happened, and kageyama seemed to have not been expecting it. he was utterly silent, speechless for a few moments.

then hinata saw him glance at the door and in that tiny second, hinata's heart skipped a beat as thought he knew exactly what kageyama was thinking. that they were alone, in the club room, and the door had a lock. there wasn't much reason not to push hinata against the lockers right now and kiss him. except of course, it may come at the cost of their dignities. their stupid, expensive dignity.

so because of that, kageyama simply stared down at the floor, still not saying anything.

"well, just think about it, okay?" said hinata finally, before heading out the door.