It Won't Stay Down!

| You have one strand of hair that's the same color as your soulmate's.
NOT SUPERHEROES | 

Wally was 6 when one of his strands of hair started floating. More specifically, his soulmate's strand of hair. No one understood why and people at school soon started making fun of him for it.

They would say his soulmate was an alien. Living in space and that they would never know that he even existed.

He liked to think otherwise. If his soulmate was an alien, which would be so cool, then he liked to think they knew he was out there and hopefully looking for him. 

At the age of 9, he started having his hair stick up at odd angles to cover up the fact that his soulmate's hair wouldn't stay down! Mary and Rudy didn't like it and tried to get him to use hair gel, but what they didn't know was that he had done tried that!

It didn't work!

Barry and Iris found the situation hilarious if not a bit confused by the hair's persistent way of staying up. 

Wally wasn't ashamed about his soulmate's hair, just slightly embarrassed; And walking towards his locker, which was painted green again with antennas sticking out of it, didn't make the situation any better. 

Kids laughed around him and opening his locker, a bunch of notes fell out. All with hideous monsters and aliens drew on them. 

He slammed his locker shut, leaving the notes on the ground, and running outside towards his uncle's car. He refused to let the tears slip, giving a neutral expression when he got into the car, but it was like his uncle could see right through him. 

"What's wrong, Kid?" 

He turned and looked out the window, "nothing, Uncle Barry! Just wanna get out of there, that's all. School is so boring!"

His uncle looked over with a frown but didn't comment on his strange behavior. If he wanted to talk about it he would have done it by now. 

Barry smiled, "so... Your birthday is coming up soon. How old will you be again? 6? 7?"

Wally smiled right back, "Uncle Barry, you know how old I'll be!"

He faked a frown, "Oh, right! You'll be turning 9 this year. How could I forget?"

"Barry!" Wally chuckled, "I turned 9 last year, remember?"

Barry looked over with a scandalous look, "what!? No! That would mean you'd be turning 10 this year. You can't be turning the big one-oh so soon."

"Yep! I'm practically grown by now!"

The positive atmosphere lasted all the way to Wally's home, even after Barry left, Wally still couldn't stop smiling. Barry accidentally spilled about what they were doing for his birthday and he couldn't wait! 

~~~~~~~

The weekend had approached, and so did Wally's birthday. He and his parents, along with his aunt and uncle, were walking towards a bright colorful tent. Wally watched in amazement at all the bright colorful people. He even saw a guy swallow an actual sword!

It was obviously fake, but it was still cool.

Walking in it was crowded, which was understandable. Not many circuses were still out during the winter.

Taking a seat at the top row, which Wally chose, they bought all kinds of snacks. Most of them went to Barry though, and they watched as the lights dimmed and a booming voice echoed through the screams and cries.

"Well hello, people of Central City! I see we have quite the audience huh?"

Multiple people screamed in the crowd, causing the man to chuckle.