My King (Part one)

| King Richard is forced to marry a young maiden-or lad of course-against his own will. What's a king to do?
NOT SUPERHEROES
NOT SOULMATES |

Prince Richard was due to become King any day now. Everyone hustling about, getting decorations set up, food preparations, and so on.

His father, King Bruce, was scolding him left and right. "A Prince does not doze off during important meetings" "A Prince does not slouch" "A Prince does not mumble under his breath" "A King does not sleep around!"

That last one greatly upset him. He was not like his father. Just because he hung out with Princess Kori, Princess Barbara, and his two best servants, Artemis and Megan, didn't mean he slept around. Especially with them. Although Kori and Barbara was quite the sight. 

But that would be unjustly and just daft of him. Kori isn't looking for something serious. And Barbara.. Well, she has had a crush on him for awhile and she grew to be quite the attractive woman. But they were best friends and despite his father's suggestions and pushes, he would not date her. 

~~~~~~~

The time was now.
His coronation has finally arrived. 
Hooray...

They decided to do it outside so the whole entire town could see. But he was hot and cranky and frankly just wanted to go back to bed. 

It started off slow, with a little get together between certain kingdoms. He saw Barbara and Kori with Kori's betrothed, poor girl. 

The maids and servants were scurrying left and right, he watched Megan get yelled at by King Jack, who invited him? While later he saw her get dragged away by Prince Conner? 

The bells chimed and a cold feeling washed over Richard.
Dread settling in the pit of his stomach.. It was an unusual feeling.
Everyone gathered around while Prince Richard took his seat next to his father's.

And thus began a very long speech.

He was jolted awake by a stern voice calling his name. Jumping he headed toward his father, noticing the giggling girls he threw a wink at them. Most squealed while a few went as far as to faint. 
They were left there.

He felt the red cloak fall over his shoulders and red? Really?
He instantly got down on one knee and bowed his head like he was taught multiple times.

"This is the beginning of a great day! My son is finally able to take the throne and along with it the many hardships and accomplishments that have come and will continue to come."

'Gee, thanks, Father.'

King Bruce turns and picks up the sword handed to him. "This sword was used many decades ago that won the war. My great-great-great-great... Well, you get the point," multiple people chuckled, "Grandfather was the holder of this sword and thus the people of this village have given him the honor to rule this country and make it a home. Our home to this day."

'Was it too late to run away like Roy did?'

"-and now it is my son's turn to take that honor and carry this sword with pride." He gently placed the edge of the sword to Richard's left shoulder before moving and tapping his right. "Now the crowning. Rise and turn toward your people!"

Richard did as told, stiff as a board, staring at the multiple people before him. He felt the cool crown placed upon his head a constricted feeling hitting him all at once. A cold sweat placed upon his brow while he struggled to breathe.

But the people were too occupied to notice. Cheering at their new King. Taking one last glance he glanced at the ladies cheering the loudest and saw a pale, freckled, ginger-haired boy helping one of the fallen up. A rag in hand.