Thinking of You

| Soulmate AU where words appear on your skin of what the first thought your soulmate had of you. Ex: 'God he's hot.'
NO SUPERPOWERS. |

Wally West was quite content with his life. He was 22 years old, had his own apartment which was quite nice if he says so himself. He just recently graduated from college and was working his way up to be a forensic scientist. At the moment though he was just an intern, but he was getting there with the help of his uncle. He was also a substitute teacher down at his college, which his friends made fun of for.

The only problem with his life.. He hasn't found his soulmate yet.
No beautiful words appeared on him yet. He was 22 and just about all his friends have found their soulmate. Even his 14-year-old cousin found his soulmate! But, out of all of that, he was still quite content with his life.
He has many years ahead of him, he had no reason to rush.
Besides, he wasn't the only one who hasn't found their soulmate yet.

~~~~~~~

"I found my soulmate!" Artemis exclaimed over the phone.

Wally's world froze, "what?!"

"Yea! I was staring at this dark black haired girl, she's a famous magician. The first thought she had of me was, 'hot girl keeps staring at me.' I instantly felt my arm start tingling. The moment I looked down those words were etched on my skin. And literally my first thought was 'YES! Free magic tricks.' So now she has that etched on her arm."

Artemis started laughing in the background, not really paying attention to the turmoil going on. He soon gets a message from one of his best friends Roy.

R: so when are you going to find your soulmate? Are you even trying?

W: shut up Royboy

Wally groaned into the phone, "Artemis, you were supposed to stay single. Now everybody is gonna be looking at me to find my soulmate. Roy done texted me asking me about it!"

Artemis sobers up for a bit, speaking into the phone, "well maybe you should try expanding your options, Wally. I mean.. You're bi, but it seems like you just keep trying for girls. Why? It isn't because of your father is it?"

Wally's side of the line was silent, which was an answer enough for Artemis. She sighs, "look, do what makes you happy. Not what everyone wants you to do. But I want you to meet my soulmate. She's also bringing a friend who hasn't found their soulmate yet."

Wally just knows she's smirking through the receiver. He knew her too well.
He pinches the bridge of his nose before answering, "fine.."

"Fine?"

"Yea, I'll meet them. When and where?" He tries to act nonchalant, but really he was nervous. What if her soulmate didn't like him? What if her friend didn't like him? Wait.. Why was he worried? It's not like they're going to be his soulmate.. He was being ridiculous.

He hears Artemis talking to someone in the background. The words were muffled for a bit before she came back. "How about the coffee shop a block from your place? We're visiting down there anyway for her next show. Saturday morning sound good?"

"I'm free."

"Great! You're going to love her! And I'm sure you and her friend will hit it off." He hears a snicker that didn't belong to Artemis. Then a distant voice, who he assumes was her soulmate, which he still hasn't gotten the name of spoke up.
"He's gay too!"

Artemis starts dying of laughter, "did you hear that Wally?"

"Sadly," he mumbled with a small smile.