Little Notes

| Everything you write or draw on your skin also appears on your soulmate's skin
NOT SUPERHEROES |

Dick Grayson was sitting in his last class of the day, History. Bored out of his mind, he let his head hit the desk with a thunk.

His teacher was explaining the history of The Red String of Fate, like that's even real. Everyone knows it's just the ripped-off version of real soulmates.

Ah yes, soulmates, the very thing that connected two people together. The Red String of Fate was made by the people who didn't have soulmates. Whilst the other half did have soulmates that they could communicate to. 

It was simple really, all you had to do was write on any part of your skin, and if you have a soulmate they responded usually. 

 Dick liked to think he had a soulmate, but you wouldn't really know until your 10th birthday, and by then Dick's hope in love and happiness disappeared with his parents.

Not once has he wrote on his skin, but yet again, a message never really appeared either. 

There was no giving away any personal information to your soulmate until after you meet them. So it was basically a huge guessing game. 

The bell rang, and Dick was out of the class before anyone could blink.

Running towards his locker, he heard the distinct call of someone yelling his name, and the fast heavy approaching footsteps. 

Throwing his things in his locker, he bolted out to the courtyard, scanning for his favorite redhead, he spotted her near the gates. 

Running towards her he heard the shouting cut off once he made it to Barbara. Boy was he grateful she was scary. 

He gave her an award-winning smile, watching the bullies she was glaring at scurry off.

"Thanks," he huffed, already out of breath. Maybe he should work out some more.

Her glare, if not a bit softer, turned towards him. "You shouldn't let them bully you. I taught you basic fighting techniques, yet you never use them."

He did an exaggerating groan, "Babs, you know if I do then I'll be no better then them."

"It's not like that if it's self-defense!"

He chuckled a bit, waving his hand in a dismissive gesture, "yea ye-!"

Barbara snatched his arm up and held it close to her face, eyes wide in shock. 

"Barbara, what is it?" He asked warily, "I promise, I haven't cut in years. You of all people should know that."

She still had ahold of his arm when she angled it to his face, sleeve pulled up a bit. And right on his wrist were little chicken scratches in black words.

do not forget!

1. buy eggs
2. help mom make cake
3. do not eat cake
4. bring it to uncle barry
5. wish him happy birthday
6. eat cake (priorities) 

"What th-" A squealing by his ears had him jerking away, "Barbara!"

"Sorry," she gushed, "but it looks like you do have a soulmate! This is so sweet. Weird, but sweet. You should write them back."

"What no way!"

Giving him an unimpressed look, she grabbed his arm and proceeded to write a small hi underneath the list, a smiley face at the end. 

"Barbara!" He exclaimed once more, jerking his arm away.

She smiled before pointing at his wrist, "let's see if they respond."