Opposites

| Opposites attract. Opposites kill. Opposites create.
NOT SOULMATES |

They knew it was forbidden. They knew the longer they were near each other the weaker they'll get.. The closer to death they'll get.

He was Darkness and his lover was Light. The Sun and the Moon.

On the outside, to other people, they were Dick and Wally. No one knew what they knew. No one knew who they were.

They didn't even know who they were until they met. And the pull was indescribable. But the push was horrifying.

But the pull won and it was intoxicating.

Laying in bed Dick looked over at the pale face of Wally.

That face should never be pale. It was always alive and bright.

But he was sick because of him. Wally was always the first one affected by his darkness. And Dick was starting to feel the effect from Wally's light.

They couldn't keep going like this. Back and forth, back and forth.

In order for them to survive they needed to stay away, but Wally always refused. And here recently he's been constantly refusing. Always going to him. Chasing him before he's healed.

He knew Wally was afraid of dying, but who wasn't? And he did not want Wally to fall to that fate. And if he was being selfish in saying neither did he well then so be it.

Chancing one more glance at his lover's peaceful face he slowly gathered the strength to push himself out of bed.

Walking towards the door he didn't turn around. Knowing that if he did he would stay.

He was not going to leave a note. He never did. Making it to the door a cough from behind broke through his thoughts.

"Dick?" Wally's hoarse voice floated through the silence. "Where are you going?"

Dick didn't turn around, keeping one hand on the door just in case. He could run for it, Wally was far too weak to chase him this time. But Wally would be devastated. But maybe he'll understand.

Sighing he spoke to the door, "I'm going to the store."

"At 4 in the morning?"

Dick chanced a glance behind him to look at the clock, and it was exactly 4 in the morning.

"We're out of milk." Stated Dick facing the door once more.

"I bought milk last night."

His grip tightened on the doorknob before twisting it and pulling the door open. "Well, then we need mo-"

*SLAM*

Dick jumped before twirling around and coming face to face with Wally.

Wally's hand was placed over the door that he just slammed shut. Leaning forward toward Dick.

The look on his face was one of anger, sadness, and tiredness.

"You're trying to leave again." It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"Y-yes."

Wally sighed, rubbing the side of his face with the hand that wasn't practically holding him up.

"Dick-"

"You should get back in bed," he interrupted, "Wally you're sick and you can't-"

"I don't care Dick!" The force and volume from Wally's voice scared him a bit. "I don't care if I'm sick. I don't care if I'm dying." Dick flinched at the word "all I care about is you. And me... Us. I'm tired of running away just to be pulled back. I want you. I'm not scared."