The unexplainable realization

Edited 

Hm. Hm. Should I share what's going on and why our precious Rose ended up fainting on us in the last chapter? Or shall I make you all wait to find out later on?

Hmm...

-----

Chapter 23

.

The next day had came around and Amy had yet to wake up, much to Sky's dismay.

He sat up and looked at the resting pinkette who was quickly becoming pale and he didn't know why or what was going on with her.

Tilting his head slightly he then licked her hand making it twitch a bit which brought the werehog some relief to know she could somewhat move when the door to the room opened earning Sky's attention.

To see a doctor who jumped at the sight of the overgrown wolf who stared at him.

"Nobody...Oh boy..." the doctor whispered while shaking a bit when Sky just got up and moved out of the way to lie in the corner so the woman could do her job and check the machines, but it was very obvious she was afraid of the large canine in the room.

But after a while the doctor called for a nurse, to stay with her for just in case if Sky tried to do something, but nope.

The werehog just laid his head down and went straight to sleep though the nurse did keep her eye on him which made the doctor feel comfortable enough to properly check over Amy, though it was now her turn to become extremely confused.

Since the pinkette was becoming paler by the second but her vitals all said that she was still healthy.

"This doesn't seem right..." the doctor says as the nurse went over to the doctor to get a better look at the pale pinkette "she's so pale," the nurse muttered just as the monitor started beeping like crazy taking them both by surprise, and waking up Sky.

The two then act fast to quickly try and get Amy stabilized when the large werehog went over startling the doctor but Sky licked Amy's cheek.

When the machine regulated and returned back to normal saying that the pinkette was stabilized.

Causing both medic's jaws to drop "nurse, get the head doctor," she whispered when the nurse nodded her head and rushed out of the room quickly.
While the doctor stayed put pushing her fears to the side to examine the two in front of her.

Sky then carefully laid his head on Amy's chest whimpering softly his eyes training on the machine that monitors the pinkette's health.

Before he relaxed a bit placing a single paw on the bed being extra careful not to touch any of the wires that were contained to the pinkette when a weak hand reached up to lightly pet his head, causing his tail to wag softly when it stilled remained entangled in the werehogs fur.

That was until the head doctor entered the room "you asked for me?" he questioned with a slight frown on his face.

"Sir, your not going to believe what we just witness," the doctor says unsure her eyes landing on the large canine that was keeping an eye on her health.

"What was it?" the head doctor questioned looking at Sky with suspicion "it seems there's a strong connection between my patient and this wolf," she says when Sky's ears perked up once more before he carefully pulled away, though he made sure to catch Amy's hand and gently placed it on her chest before pressing his muzzle against her cheek.

"And how can you be so sure?" the head doctor questioned unsure until the nurse spoke up "when we were trying to save Ms. Rose and keep her from dying that wolf was able to instantly stabilize her in mere seconds," she says explaining what she saw.
"Is that so," the HD says before humming a bit and looking at Sky who moved out of the way for the doctors and laid down once more.

"Hm, we should test something out, that won't harm our patiently in any way," the HD muttered before he shook his head "let the two be, just be extra careful with Ms. Rose," he then said.

As the two women nodded their heads "ok sir," they both said then the HD left the room allowing the doctor and nurse to continue on with their work for the time being.
This time being extra careful with Amy who slept soundly on her hospital bed.

-

-

Shadow had gotten into the hospital unseen so he could feed Sky and check up on his little sister, his eyes glowing red in anger.

"Sky," he soon says earning the werehogs attention "keep my sister alive and protect her," he soon said while glancing over to the large canine, whose eyes held a primal vengeance as it was obvious the two had come to an agreement.

The Thorn Kingdom would pay for this...

Soon the ebony male took a deep breath before taking out a small silver container before going towards his sleeping sister and carefully opening her mouth to pour the contents in.

The gently tilts her head back to get her to swallow whatever he had made her drink when their ears then perked up and Shadow placed some flowers down before leaving the room while Sky finished his food quickly without leaving any traces of food residue before he went to lay by Amy's bedside.

Just as a nurse peeked into the room to check up on the two as his eyes then landed on Sky who was watching him.

The nurse only gave a small smile "you're doing a good job on watching her, you don't have to move," he whispered before carefully walking into the room to check Amy's vials to see how she was doing so far.
The examination went by rather quickly before he petted Sky's head and left some treats for the canine to snack on then left the room.

Sky huffed a bit but ate the snacks anyway since he didn't want the nurse to get in trouble for sneaking things in.

He actually felt a little spoiled since technically he was breaking a few rules in the hosptial.

But he didn't complain, he liked the fact he could stay by the pinkette's side and monitor her health himself instead of relying on the doctors to both protect and take care of Amy.

...He had zero faith in them protecting her. But he believed they could take care of her.

Yawning a bit, but something...felt off...

As his fur stood up on end, and his ears perked up sensing something and it was something BAD.

He got up quickly and...

To Be Continued...