They continued to walk for some time and the guards grip on her was still firm. They travelled with four other Fae males, all dressed in black, and their face covered by a mask and a hood, concealing everything but her eyes. Feyre knew that there was no point in trying to flee. Not with Maeve here, and certainly not when Aelin could be tortured even more if she made a reckless mistake. But Maeve never threatened to kill Aelin, only to make her suffer even more. Which slightly relieved Feyre, knowing that they wanted her alive. And the fear of what Aelin was going through, was triumphant over the fear of Feyre being kept underground in the dark.

They eventually stopped walking, and before Feyre stood a massive oak tree. Feyre had never seen a tree this big before, it looked ancient as the trunk towered above her. Feyre wouldn't have been surprised if the tree was a few centuries old--at least. And despite the snow topped mountains surrounding them, the tree leaves were bright green. As if rain or shine, the tree's leaves will never fall.

"This tree is probably as old as I am," Maeve mused. Based on what Aelin told her earlier, Feyre knew that Maeve was probably as old as Amren--if not older,  which is to say ancient. "You are far less chatty than Aelin. When I first met her... well she was very demanding to say the least." Feyre said nothing as she continued to stare at the massive oak.

"Well I hope that you wouldn't be as arrogant as Aelin. She has quite the mouth. And you're probably wondering where we are. Welcome to the Southern Continent," Maeve said with a smile. Shit. We are in Aelin's world. My god they are never going to find us. Feyre thought. Feyre had to believe that Rhysand was coming for her. Because if she didn't have hope....then she might break.

"Stunning isn't it," Maeve commented. Feyre continued to say nothing. Feyre took in the surrounding peace around her. The land was practically untouched by civilization. Feyre wanted this for the Night Court, and for Prythian. Peace and serenity. No war. No conflict. Just peace.

"So what the hell is all of this about? Do you just want revenge?" Feyre snapped. Maeve chuckled. "For a second there, I was wondering if you forgot how to speak. And to answer your question, to keep the peace."

"Seems to me, that Aelin's world is already at peace."

"That's what they would like you to believe."

"What do you mean?"

"Despite what you may think, there is war going on here. But this time it's with each other. Kingdom's fighting over territory and land. Armies sacking cities. Innocents dying. That sort of thing," Maeve responded. They didn't mention any of this to Feyre. But then again, Maeve could easily be lying. Actually, Feyre wouldn't be surprised if she was lying. Because Aelin seemed to have saved everyone two years ago, and be friends with several queens and kings.

"What do you want with my world?" Feyre snapped.

"To have peace. Your world is in a far bigger mess than Aelin's. Most of your court doesn't even like you and your mate," Maeve chuckled. That much was true. Feyre could hardly stand to be in the Court of Nightmares, not to mention the problems they were still having with Illyrian war bands. And Tamlin still hated Feyre, Hybern wasn't on the best of terms with Prythian, and humans feared the Fae.

"And combining The Book of Breathings, The Walking dead, and my own book, it would make ruling both of your worlds much easier. And with far less death," Maeve stated.

"We aren't giving you anything," Feyre sneered.

"No. But your mate might. Especially if your life is on the line," Maeve said, with a wicked smile. Feyre's face paled. Fuck. That is exactly what Rhysand would do, if it meant that I would get to go home and stay alive. He offered Velaris just so the human queens would trust him. Not that it did anything, besides tell Hybern that Velaris existed.

"Stop torturing Aelin. I will take her place instead. Just please, let us switch stops," Feyre begged. Maeve cracked a smile. "I must decline your offer. I do wonder how you would hold up though, but I am afraid that I need at least one of you thinking straight. And Aelin is quite the opposite, as of the moment. She thinks that meeting you, saving the world, and Rowan saving her, was just another illusion." Shit. She probably thinks that she is still Maeve's prisoner. Oh fuck.

"Please, just let me switch places with her. I don't care what you do with me, just leave her alone," Feyre pleaded.

"Can't do that, I'm afraid. Don't give me that look. Do you wish to watch her be tortured? Or see her scream? Fenrys certainly didn't enjoy it. He hated me before he even met Aelin. And ever since they both escaped, the wolf has grown rather loyal to Aelin. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to kill me, more than Aelin."

Fenrys. My lord, that's why he was always covered for Aelin whenever they talked about Maeve. He was still blood sworn to Maeve, when Aelin was captured. Did she make him watch Aelin being tortured? Did he also hear her scream?

"Especially after Connall." Fenrys brother, Feyre thought as Maeve continued, "That broke him. Probably as much as being helpless when Cairn did his work on Aelin. Shame that he broke the blood oath, and survived." Feyre heard a growl from the guard who had a grip on Feyre's arm. The guard let go of her arm, and Feyre's shackles around her ankles and wrist disappeared. The guard already had a sword pull out, and immediately lunged for Maeve. Maeve was able to side step his swing of a sword, but she wasn't quick enough to dodge the hit to the head, from the hilt of his sword. Maeve fell to the ground, unconscious. Without thinking twice, Feyre let her magic fly. But the masked guard already had killed the other four guards. Feyre immediately put a shield around her incase this mysterious man had ill intentions.

"Who are you?" Feyre demanded. She was free. Feyre could balk if she left like it, but she wasn't leaving without Aelin.

"We don't have time for this," he said in a low voice. His onyx eyes locked with mine. "Where is Aelin?"

"I'm not telling you anything, until you tell me who the hell you are," Feyre demanded, her eyes wary of the guard. But Feyre didn't have time for this. Who knew how long Maeve would remain conscious for, and Feyre had to get Aelin back.

"I save you, yet you still think I want to harm you," the man snapped, his sword still out.

"Who are you?" Feyre growled. She wasn't going to believe a word this guy said without proof. The man shook his head with disappointment, but pulled off his hood, and removed his mask. Feyre gasped. He looked exactly like Fenrys. He had the same dark onyx eyes, and golden brown skin. The only thing they didn't share was Fenrys golden hair, as this Fae male had black.

"Connall Moonbeam, at your service." 

--------------------

Fun fact: Originally I wasn't going to have Connall be alive, because I did not want this thing to be more complicated than it needed to be and/or be longer than it needed to be

But then

I decided that I like Fenrys too much, and that he deserves to have Connall back

Soooo he's not dead :)