t w e n t y - f o u r 💛

On Boxing Day, Harry informed Aria that they had successfully destroyed Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem, which meant that they were getting closer, but another unsettling realisation came along with that sentiment. The closer they got to taking down the Dark Lord, the more Horcruxes they destroyed, the closer he was getting to them. 

Aria swallowed a little nervously, as she took all of this information in. 

"By the way, Christmas, it was nice that you let Malfoy sit with us. I mean, he's a total prick and we can't just skip over that fact but I think that it was good for you to have let him sit there," Harry said. 

As she moved some of her copper hair over her shoulder, Aria shrugged. 

"He seems lonely, don't you think?" Aria asked him, then. 

Harry's expression became thoughtful for a little while, as he considered her question. 

"I suppose that Malfoy really must be one of the loneliest boys here, considering everything that he has been through with his family," Harry said. 

Aria frowned but Harry didn't really understand why. It all just seemed so terribly sad to Aria, who had always been fairly sensitive to other people's emotions even if she wished that she wasn't. 

Harry's skin grew a little pale and Aria noticed it. She noticed everything, especially when it came to Harry Potter. She had grown incredibly concerned over the years about his scar hurting because she knew that Harry's scar didn't bring with it only a physical pain, but an emotional one too. It was a horrible reminder about everything that had happened so far because of Voldemort. It was a terrible reminder of all of the loss that he had caused. Harry's parents, Sirius, Dumbledore...She didn't even want to think about what was going to be the next loss in all of the darkness. 

"Harry, are you alright?" Aria asked him, with an expression of concern. 

Harry's emerald green eyes warmed slightly at her question, as he seemed to relax himself. 

"Yes, I'm fine," he told her, with a charming smile. 

Aria wasn't too sure how much of that she believed, but she was going to choose to go along with it. She didn't want to start up an argument with Harry. That was the last thing anyone needed. 

In truth, Aria had never been much of an argumentative person but she supposed that people like Draco Malfoy brought it out of her from time to time. 

"Potter. Honey. I need to talk to you both," sounded the stern voice of former defense against the dark arts' professor, Severus Snape. He raised one of his slender hands up to adjust the collar on his black cloak. 

"I'll go," Harry said. 

Aria sometimes grew frustrated about just how independent her friend could be. He didn't like to get help from other people, most of the time, but Godric Gryffindor knew that he needed it. 

"No, Harry. I'm coming with you," Aria said decisively. 

Harry sighed and nodded a little reluctantly. 

The two of them followed the dark-haired former professor down the hallway until they reached his old classroom. 

"You killed him," Harry said angrily, as he caught the stony gaze of Snape. 

"I had to," Snape said simply. 

"You didn't have to betray him. You-" Harry pulled his wand out, then, which caused Aria to look towards him with an expression of complete concern. 

"Harry," she said, with a warning tone. 

"No. I'll handle this, Aria. You should go," Harry said. 

Aria shook her head quickly. 

"Are you kidding me? I'm not leaving you," she said. 

"Stay, Miss Honey. Someone else might as well hear about this, too," Snape thought decisively. It was about time, he considered. 

It was then and there that Snape revealed, well, everything. He told Harry all about the matter of him working as a spy, shifting sides between the dark and the light where needed. He had remained hidden in the shadows for a long, long time, and it had all been to look out for Harry. 

"I- Harry," Aria said, as her friend stepped forward with a furious expression upon his face. "I know that you've not always necessarily agreed with Snape but...I think he's telling the truth," she said. 

Harry turned to her and his eyes narrowed in his suspicion. 

"I already told you that I can handle this, Aria. You should go," he said. 

"No. I understand that you have your own opinions on the matter, Harry, but I don't think that Snape killed Dumbledore-" she paused then, as the whole memory of Dumbledore cascading off of the astronomy tower entered her mind again. "- I think he did it to protect Draco," she said. 

Harry's eyes widened in surprise at that. It seemed like such an incredibly far-fetched idea but...maybe. 

Snape managed a small smile at Aria's words. 

"Well, you really are one of the brightest witches of your age," he said. 

"Snape...what's going to happen to you?" Aria said. 

Snape glanced towards the window for a moment, as though he was on edge and concerned that at any moment Voldemort could show up to cause him terrible damage. 

"I don't know," Snape admitted. It was one of the only occasions in his life, he believed, where he had actually been unsure of what was going to happen to him. 

"We'll keep your secret, Snape. You can trust us," Aria said, with a calm front. Inside, she was really growing anxious about everything, but she tried to bury those feelings down. They weren't helpful. 

Aria smiled a small smile towards Snape, before she bowed her head in a farewell and walked out of the room, leaving Snape and Harry stood there glaring at each other. 

"Are you quite mad?" Harry asked her in a hiss-like whisper as soon as they left the classroom. 

"If he wasn't on our side, he would have killed us," Aria said. 

"Whatever," Harry said. 

Aria sighed, as she grabbed a hold of Harry's forearm and moved them into the shadows of the hall. 

Parkinson was walking past and the last thing they needed was for her to notice them. 

"Look, Harry, do you trust me?" Aria asked him. 

Harry looked a little stunned by how urgent Aria's voice sounded but he swiftly nodded, all the same. 

"Good. Then trust me when I say that I am not going to let you down, here. I wouldn't have said what I did back there if I had any suspicions about Snape. We... we just need to wait it out." 

"Alright, Aria," Harry said, "I really hope you're right." 

Harry headed away then, once the coast was clear. 

Aria came out of hiding, too, and breathed out a reply to Harry's previous comment. 

"Me too."