♡ 1 ♡

" is everyone here, one two three... " taeyong used his index finger to point, making sure that everyone in his group had arrived.

" wait, where's haechan? " asked doyoung who was looking around but still couldn't find his younger buddy.

" HELP! " sungchan suddenly screamed when haechan surprised him from behind. he was wearing a zombie mask that manage to startle hendery as well.

" well, i guess that's everyone. let's go inside then. " said taeyong before leading the batch right into the haunted mansion.

earlier this evening, haechan desperately begged sofia to spend halloween with him at a particular escape game someone offered at the mall.

haechan eagerly showed a piece of brochure during lunch time. a dark & creepy mansion was shown from the brochure's cover, catching sofia's attention before she grabbed it from haechan's grip. " look at this, don't you think it'd be fun if we go there together? come on, i know deep down you want it too. "

the girl shook her head and pointed towards the cover in her hand, " even if i want to, it says nine person per batch to play here. " she added.

" what? so we can't go alone if there's only like the two of us? " haechan sighed in disappointment. " oh come on, it's not like you're brave enough to go alone either. " sofia chuckled as she saw her friend busy pursing his lips.

haechan wasn't all wrong about sofia wanting to play since going into a haunted mansion might be a good way to spend some time together before attending their university annual halloween party. as a bonus point, the joke master haechan would also be there so it'd be amusing, right? she thought to herself.

" hm, let's just find some people to come. but make sure they are smart enough because we're both not good with these kind of things. " sofia said before finishing her lunch.

after a lot of bargaining, sofia and haechan managed to invite more friends later that evening, which brought us back to the haunted mansion once again.

however, it might be confusing to why they accept the invitation in the first place. " you see, i still don't understand why you invited me here, " doyoung said as he opened some of the boxes inside.

" oh come on hyung, you're like the smartest person i've ever known so we're literally depending on you to solve the riddle. " said haechan shamelessly.

it couldn't be clearer that in order to get out of the haunted mansion, the players must complete a total of two riddles as well as avoiding the ghosts in each corridors they're going to pass.

as an addition, the mansion itself was surprisingly huge, creepy, and smelled pungent as they figured from early brochure.

" what about me then? why do you invite me? " asked taeil, sitting down on one of the dining chair as the batch started their journey.

" well it's certainly fun to see you getting scared — gAH! "

haechan shocked the hell out of everybody with his sudden loud screaming. it had been five minutes yet he already tripped onto the floor.

" look! something is opening over there! " chenle pointed towards the fireplace, making taeyong who stood the nearest checked and pulled a roll of dusty paper.

" hyung, what did you find? " asked sungchan full of curiosity.

taeyong flipped over the paper while brushing the dust off to depict a clearer view, " it's a map. "

" great! now we can escape! " sungchan gave two thumbs up towards taeyong.

on the other side, haechan was still struggling to stand on his own. " i can't believe i spent ten minutes searching around the room and all it takes was just haechan screaming and falling?? unbelievable. " doyoung sighed and walked towards taeyong to get a thorough look of the map.