Chapter 51.

Everyone takes their seats round the table.

"Fucking hell Angel, this all looks amazing! Did you seriously do this by yourself?" Frankie asks.

"I'm glad you like it! Yeah James popped in a few times to help chop stuff but other than that yep, all me." I smile at him as all their eyes light up.

"So I've done loads of little appetizers and then we can all have a main. I also made some desserts too."

"You've completely spoilt us all darlin'." Dylan kisses my cheek.

"It looks delicious, how did you do all this by yourself?" Ty picks a plate up, starting to grab some food

"Well so much has happened recently and I just needed to do this for all of you. Rushing around the kitchen has taken my mind off of things."

"I say we make a toast..." Dylan raises his glass. "To Angel, Thank you darlin'."

Everyone repeats 'To Angel' and we all start picking at the nibbles.

The moans of appreciation roar throughout the room. My smile grows wider as everyone is enjoying what I prepared.

As I sit watching them all my thoughts are encompassed by how my life has changed in such a short space of time. A year ago I was suck in the endless cycle of self-hatred and constantly watching my back. I'm here now, safer than I have ever felt with the man I love and a family.

The parts of me that I have always loathed are taking a back seat to the feelings of appreciation. I am trying my hardest to fight all the pain Micky caused me.

I admit I am scared of what I did, how I so easily took his life.

How I ended my dad's life.

How I enjoyed being the one to make sure he could never hurt me again.

And how happily I would do it all over again,

Because now my soul is healing. It is going to be a long road but glimmers of happiness are breaking through the painful memories of my past.

I wish my life had been easier but if so would I have found Dylan?

"Angel?"

"Hmm?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"How grateful for you I am..."