Chapter 47.

And so the fallout begins...

Within seconds your life can change.

You change.

Something clicks for you and the world crashes down around you.

Like an elastic band snapping as it breaks. You quickly come to realise that all you knew before will never be the same again.

Trying to fix the cracks that have appeared, you come to find that even after you patch up the holes that it is now too late, the damage has already been done.

*Dylan's P.O.V.*

I watched as Angel grabbed the pipe, gripping it so tightly that her knuckles turned white. Making her way back to Micky.

Something has taken over Angel.

Like a preying animal waiting for it's kill she ran towards him, pouncing on the table.

Hovering over him, he tried to move closer to her but couldn't. She watched him closely and listened to his words.

His inaudible remarks hit her, knocking the wind out of her.

He knew only she could hear him.

He wanted her to snap.

He wanted her to end him.

So she would forever be left with that overwhelming guilt of what she did.

________

This was a battle she needed to face alone.

I had to let her.

Her demons that have ingrained into her physique being laid to rest with every blow she made.

She knew we were there to support her but only she could finally gain the power she needed over him.

Setting her soul free.

Giving her the freedom she has always desired.

________

As the last crack echoed throughout the unit, I could no longer watch her suffer. I stand over her, frantically breathing with blood covering her entire being, I wrap my arms around her and pull her away from what is left of him. Damon stands in front of us, taking the pipe from her grip he backs away and I slowly ease Angel to her feet.

The second her feet touch the ground, she falls to her knees. Staring at the blood that coats her skin.

I crouch down to face her and as I speak, my mind has one thought running through, she needs to get clean. I need to get her cleaned.

Picking her up I carry her out. She lays her head against my chest, shutting her eyes.

I make my way to the clean up unit we have, setting her down on the bench.