Chapter 48.

*Angel's P.O.V.*

As I climb into our bed, Dylan's smell infiltrates my nostrils, his woody fresh masculine fragrance takes over. He turns the lights out and cuddles against my back.

"Do you want to change anything before we move in?"

"No. It's absolutely perfect. I'd like you to show me around properly though, I have a feeling I may get lost..."

"I can certainly do that. Although I like the idea of finding you..."

"Will this change me Dylan?"

"I'd like to think you will finally be at peace. It may take a while but you did nothing wrong. He was not worth the guilt or pain you feel right now. In no way do I feel that if he hadn't of pushed you to that today would you have been the one to do it."

"The things he said Dylan..."

"Whatever he spewed out is inconsequential. He wanted to hurt you as much as he could."

"Yeah...But why is it affecting me so harshly. Why does every word cut so deep."

"Because he was your dad. He was a person who should not have been the way he was, He should have been one of the people who protected and supported you instead of making you suffer."

"I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive him for how damaged I feel. He has left so much carnage, so much destruction throughout his life. I thought when I knew he was gone that I would feel a weight lifted but I don't, honestly I feel a heavier burden now."

"For most of your life you didn't have the love and support of a family, Your mum was taken from you as a child, your dad was a loveless monster and the people around you didn't help you when you showed signs of abuse, you are allowed the emotions you feel but you need to understand that it doesn't mean you are damaged, far from it darlin' you have survived, thrived even, out of horrendous adversity. A shining light out of deep darkness."

"I'm so tired Dylan

"I'm so tired Dylan...tired of being sad. Tired of feeling so broken. I just want to feel...fuck I don't know how to explain it."

"I understand darlin' after ma I was always exhausted, tired of putting on a brave face always pretending to be ok when deep down I was too lost in the grief. I couldn't grasp that she was gone. I know I had amazing parents so I can't begin to understand how hurt you are but you will be able to learn to live with what's happened. I'm not saying you will ever feel unfazed by it all but you are stronger than you think. You will process the feelings and I will always be here, behind and besides you helping however I can. You're not alone anymore. You don't have to suffer in silence."