Chapter 14.

"Come again?"

"Stay here with me, In this apartment, Move here. Be with me."

"Ok, Clearly you have gone insane...."

"Firstly rude.....but no I haven't gone insane."

"Secondly you will be safe here. We have this apartment for the next five months. You'd have your own room. We have a spare one anyway."

"We are one tube stop from the hotel, So work would be no issue and if you needed I can have our driver take you wherever you want."

"Tyler, Damon and myself moved in here a month ago, With the plan being my dad coming with us but he had other ideas. So you would have his empty room."

"This block of apartments is highly secured, Doormen are here 24/7. They have to have prior knowledge of guests, A description of the guests and what time they are expected. All for the safety of the residents. There is a shared gym and pool the floor below the lobby. You will need for nothing."

Un-fucking-believable.

"This is crazy! I like you, I really do! But shit the bed I only met you within the last 72 hours!"

"Do I scare you Angel?"

"No."

"Do I make you feel uncomfortable?"

"Slightly..."

"How so?

"I don't know how I feel, I've never felt this before. I've only had Allie for years and now you're here and saying these things to me and it's just too much for my mind to comprehend!"

"I don't trust people. I don't believe that you won't hurt me. I don't believe that you like me."

"Angel, I more than like you. More like than I've ever known. I have feelings that only I've read about. Feelings that my dad had told us that he had with my ma. Please believe me when I say that. When I say one day I want you to be my wife....." Staring at me, pleading with his eyes...

"I promise I won't hurt you. But I know you have to believe that for yourself. No matter how much I could tell you, you are the only one who can open yourself up to believing it."

"When I look at you. God, my heart, the rhythm changes, It feels like it's dancing to a beat. Your beat. It dances for you Angel...."

"What about Allie?"

"What about her?"

"How do I explain this, How can things be alright between us?"

"We can tell her together if you'd like. Things will work out. It will just take time. You both must have said things you didn't mean, You know how to hurt and push each other's buttons. That's what family can do."

"Can you give me a minute alone please."

"Yes, I'll be in the kitchen when you are ready."

He leaves and I lock the door.

I go to the sink and splash my face with cold water.