Prelogue

📍The Orpheum Theater, Hollywood📍1995

1995

Tonight was the night. The night Natalia Cameron and her bandmates were going to play their dream gig. The five teens were finally playing at the Orpheum Theater in Hollywood. Natalia could not have been more excited as she rocked out during rehearsals with her best friends.

"Don't look down! Cause' we're still risin' upppp right now! And even if we hit the ground! We're still flyin', dreamin' like we'll live forever, we're livin' like it's now or never!" She harmonized with her bandmates, bouncing up and down as her fingers mastered the keyboard. Music has always been a constant in Natalia's life, and piano is one of the many instruments she's taught herself how to play; She loved the feeling of power that flowed through her while she played on stage. It was a sensation like no other.

"We ain't searchin' for tomorroww." Alex sang from his spot at the drum set.

"Tomorrowww." Reggie follows.

"Cuz we got all we need todayyy." Alex continues.

"Todayyyy."

"Livin' on a feeling thats been runnin' through our veins." Natalia sang into her mic connected to the keyboard, bouncing up and down in her place as Reggie chipped in his last verse after hers.

Bobby was rocking out on his guitar, holding it high up in the air as he strummed it chaotically. Alex was killing it on the drums while Reggie banged his head to the chords he was playing on his bass. And Luke. Luke was singing as passionate as he could at the center mic, and playing his beloved electric six-string at the same time. The band finished their hit song with a bang, and bowed for the lone girl who was bussing the bar tables.

"We're Sunset Curve!" Natalia announced through the microphone.

"Tell your friends." Reggie Peters finished, winking at the girl from afar. Natalia rolled her eyes at the bassist as she reached for a towel to wipe the sweat off her forehead.

"We went so hardcore you guys! That was amazing." Natalia said excitedly, high-fiving her favorite boys. If they could do that tonight, they'll definitely be in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in the next few years.

"Dude you were smokin'!!!" Reggie exclaimed towards Alex Mercer, who fiddled with his drum sticks.

"Oh nah, you guys were the ones on fire!" The blonde boy responded, denying his talent.

"Oh my god, can you just embrace your awesomeness for one second you goon?" Natalia asked him, flicking his forehead.

"Ow, Nat! Okay, fine I was killin' it." Alex said with a smile after wincing at the unexpected flick to the head.