Opposites Attract - Daichi Sawamura

Start from the beginning

"No pressure or anything... but are you okay?" You asked, sending your boyfriend a reassuring smile, while squeezing your interwinded hands as a form of comfort.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

   Daichi paused.

"Actually, I've been thinking about- about something," Daichi admitted, using his free hand to rub the back of his neck. You nodded, letting Daichi continued who had swallowed a lump in his throat.

"You're happy right? W-With us?"

   You stopped in your steps to glance at Daichi in surprise, frowning at Daichi's words as you felt your heart drop.

"Yeah, of course."

   You paused.

"Are you?" 

   Daichi hesitated.

"Yeah, o-of course."

   You didn't like that.

Does he want to-

"Are you-"

"Daichi-san! Y/N-san!"

   But before you could ask what Daichi meant, and possibly break you're own heart, someone had interrupted the two you.

"I want to ask for some help on..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

To: Y/N :D
From: Daichi :)
Subject: Hey?

Hey, how are you today love? Can we talk? 

Sent 8 hours ago.

   You snorted.

To: Daichi :)
From: Y/N :D
Subject: Hey?

Sure, meet me at the usual pool?

Sure, can't wait.   You thought sarcastically as you finally decided to answer back (mainly because you were feeling bad for not responding for so long), ignoring the sinking feeling as you thought about Daichi's words.

Am I happy? Obviously, I thought I was making that pretty obvious, but I guess not. But why would he ask something like that unless he wanted to brea...

   You frowned at the train of thought.

Hopefully, not.

   You sighed as you dipped into the pool that you went to frequently, enjoying the cool sensation.

"You're happy right? W-With us?"

   You let yourself float across the water, closing your eyes a bit as you let yourself relax in your happy place, occasionally kicking against the water to swim freely through the water.

This is a nice break, though. It's nice to-

"You're swimming this late?"

   You looked up at the familiar voice, letting your feet hit the bottom of the pool as you turned towards Daichi who wanted in the community pool with a towel.

"Yeah, it's nice every once and a while."

   Daichi nods.

"Oh."

   Silence.

"So uh I wanted to actually clear up what I said earlier. I don't think I worded it correctly," Daichi admitted and you could see his nervousness as he rubbed his hands together and rubbed the back of his neck.

   You nodded, allowing Daichi to continue before you could think too much about it.

   Daichi paused for second, trying to properly gather his thoughts before opening his mouth again.

"I'm sorry!" Daichi blurted out, taking you surprise.

What-

"I've realized what I said before- I didn't mean for it to come out like that earlier. It's just- It's just that someone pointed out that we were different and that they were surprised that we were dating and then I guess I thought about a little too much and-"

   Daichi was cut off by your laughter of relief, his face an impressive shade of red from rambling so much.

"Daichi, love, come over here."

   There was a carefree smile that broke out on your face from his words, waving Daichi over to the edge of the pool where you were sitting.

   Your heart swarmed with warmth at the remaining trace of nervousness on Daichi's face, sighing a little bit in relief.

   Once Daichi was right about sitting in front of you, you brought your hand up to cup Daichi's cheek.

"Calm down, it's fine. Doesn't matter if we're different because we like each, right? And plus, I might have overreacted too."

   You paused to laugh.

"Okay, maybe a little than I wanted, to be honest."

   Daichi laughed.

"We good?"

"We good."