First Words - Shinsuke Kita

Requested by Lake_Wyvern! And for everyone else who was requesting Kita! Enjoy!

Warnings: None

~Fluff/Little Angst on Kita's Part~

   You honestly couldn't wait until you met your soulmate.

   Being Akaashi's older sister by a year, you were quite jealous of the cute relationship your brother had found with his captain.

("Stop looking so lovesick!"

"Then stop looking at me!")

   Kita on the other hand, didn't really understand the concept of soulmates.

   Sure, the idea of someone being your perfect half out there was really appealing, but Kita wasn't sure how much he could trust it. Especially seeing first hand how easy is it for people to fall apart.

("W-Why did you have to be my soulmate?")

   Not to mention the words that were forever on your wrists, the two simple words that you've heard multiples times but ended up disappointed each time.

   But each time you stared at your tattoo with hopeful eyes, you couldn't help but imagine who had such a neat handwriting and simple words.

("At least you don't have 'hoot' on your arm forever."

"Alright, why don't you brag about your happy relationship some more."

"Oh, well Koutarou and me went to-"

"I didn't mean it!")

   And while Kita didn't care about his soulmate tattoo, he often covered the words that stared back at him, finding the words interesting every time he read them over.

   Even though he didn't care for soulmates, Kita would be lying if he said he didn't have your handwriting memorized.

("What do you mean you've found someone else?!? We're soulmates, aren't we?"

"Huh? Did you expect for me to stay with you?")

   You couldn't wait until you met your soulmate.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

("Why do I have to third wheel you and Bokuto?"

"Because if you don't come, you'll complain either way about being lonely, am I right?"

"Keiji!")

   After dropping his dessert at an amusement park, it was expected for Bokuto to spiral into one of his emo moods. But unfortunately for you and Akaashi, both of you managed to lose the sulking Bokuto in a crowd.

"Koutarou!" Akaashi called, worried etched onto his face despite trying to keep on his usual poker face.

Akaashi and his overthinking.

   And even though you would like to wave Akaashi off and let him look for Bokuto by himself, you liked to pride yourself as a good older sister as you ruffled Akaashi's hair, giving him a smile.

"Don't worry, we'll split up and look for him, okay? He couldn't have gotten that far," You reassured, grinning a little when Akaashi nodded.

"Okay! Time to look for Bokuto!"

("Don't worry, Y/N. Even if you find your soulmate when you're old and 40. I'm sure it'll be worth it."

"Don't say that kind of stuff with a straight face!")

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Team building exercise?"

   Atsumu nervously nodded as he tried to convince Kita without getting scolded at.

"At the amusement park?" Kita raised an eyebrow, earning a small sound from Atsumu who nodded, wincing as if he expected Kita to say something cold.

"Yeah, at an amusement park?" Osamu snickered as his twin glared at him, still on edge from Kita's lack of response.

"I see no problem. Team building would benefit everyone."

   Atsumu signed in relief as Kita finally nodded, giving approval as the rest of the team laughed at Atsumu.

"Alright! Let's go right now!"

   Kita thought he didn't care about soulmates.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Where is Bokuto?

   Some time had passed and you haven't gotten a call from Akaashi or found Bokuto yet, sighing as you scanned the passing people, trying to see if you could spot a wandering volleyball captain.

Where did he go?   You thought to yourself before catching a glimpse of black and white hair, relief fill you as you jogged to try and catch up to your brother's soulmate.

Finally!

"Bokuto!"

   But as the boy turned to face you when you placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, you had realized that oh, that's not Bokuto.

"Sorry, I thought you were my brother's soulmate," You immediately apologized with a sheepish smile, embarrassed that you had somehow gotten the wrong person.

"It's alright."

   It was almost in slow motion as you felt a small spark, a warmth spread over you as your eyes widened, the boy's eyes confirming what you felt.

W-Wait, t-that means-

"You're my soulmate," You blurted out the obvious, not believing as the words on your wrist felt almost lighter.

   Kita felt himself freeze as his eyes met yours, the exact words on his wrist coming from your mouth.

"I-I'm L/N Y/N!" 

   You weren't one to stutter, but you stand corrected as you stumbled over your words, trying to keep the red from invading your cheeks.

Oh. 

   Was Kita's first thought as he watched your face light from indescribable happiness from meeting your soulmate, a flustered blush as you introduced yourself with a smile.

Oh, she must believe in soulmates.

("Are you actually going to leave? Even with our son?!?")

   Kita wanted to cry, felt his throat close up as he opened his mouth to turn you down, apologize, and go on with his day.

("What about our son? You think that's enough for me to stay?")

   But the thought of watching your face crumble with disappointment and hurt as you tried to keep in your disappointment, it didn't matter if he didn't know you quite yet, the thought didn't sit well with him.

("Don't cry, Shinsuke. It's okay, sometimes soulmates just don't work out.")

   So instead, Kita met your eyes once again, obvious nerves dancing on your face from Kita's lack of response, letting a smile grace across his face at the thought as having a soulmate.

("But that doesn't mean yours won't work out, okay Shinsuke? And even if it doesn't, you have to stay strong!")

"Kita Shinsuke. Would you mind going around the amusement park with me?"

   Maybe soulmates weren't that bad.

("Keiji! You won't believe it, I met my soulmate!"

"Huh? Did your 30th birthday come already?"

"Stop joking about that!")