Toxic (2) - Yuu Nishinoya

Your friend is still toxic so imagine whoever gets on your nerves or something.
Warning: Contains some swear words and some insults.

~Fluff/Angst~

"A-Are you okay?"

   Y/N raised your head a bit at the somewhat familiar voice and met a pair of warm brown eyes. You let out a bitter laugh as you wiped the last of your tears.

"Yes, of course, I'm fine. Now, why don't you run along to F/N, bet she needs you more than me, right?" You said sarcastically as you rolled your eyes at the short boy. He had almost a hurt and confused expression on his face.

"W-What?" He said in a whispered as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. You looked at the confused libero with a dumbfounded look.

"What do you mean what? Oh, are you still surprised about F/N? Yeah, I didn't think she would flat out say the truth either," You snorted as you wiped under eyes for any remaining tears. Your tears had stopped by now and you had a careless smirk on your face as you stared at the boy

"Don't say that." His voice was oddly commanding as he stood not too far away from you.

"What? Are you gonna argue that I'm not totally useless? That there's actually someone out there who's gonna actually like me? Like this? Yeah right," You spat out as you saw the boy was taken back from your statement.

"Yes, I am gonna argue whether you like it or not. In fact, I'm gonna make you believe otherwise." The boy had a confident look on his face before slightly flattering when you started laughing.

"Yeah right, good luck with that." You laughed. This fool really thought that he could help you.

What is he gonna help me with? How to take the truth? No, how to embrace the truth?

"Starting now. Hi, I'm Nishinoya Yuu. Nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand as he wore a bright grin on his face. You had to admit, his smile was pretty contagious as you stared at his hand.

"L/N Y/N, I hope we become great friends."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"So where did you go yesterday?"

   You looked over with a bored expression to your so-called 'friend'.

"Why would you care?" You snorted as you caught the spiked hair boy looking at you. Instead of looking away, he grinned and waved at you from across the classroom.

"Because your my friend and I care deeply about you," F/N said with an innocent look as the whole class pretended not to be listening to your conversation. After what happened yesterday, the noisy crows wanted to get on the drama.

"Bullshit." You looked over for a pause before going back with making eye contact with Nishinoya, not even bothering to look at the fake dramatic gasp your friend let out. He laughed and gave you a thumbs-up as you grinned back.

"L/N-san!"

   The whole class tried to hold in their laughter as the teacher looked over at you with a stern look.

"Sorry Kuniaki-sensei."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

   When you accepted whatever that was, you didn't actually expect him to stick around.

   Literally. 

   Whenever you walked through the halls, he would stick to your side and talk about whatever and would sit with you during lunch with some of his friends.