Water Bottle - Rintarou Suna

Requested by nvmillx! Enjoy!

Warnings: None

~Fluff~

"Hey, L/N?"

   You stopped and turned to the boy who had called out your name, a cheerful smile taking over your features when you noticed it was Suna.

"Yes? Do you need something, Suna?"

   Maybe it was the way you always seemed to smile or the jokes you tried to crack whenever you walked by the boy, that made Suna interested in you. 

"Actually, I wanted to ask you something."

   And maybe it was the way Suna seemed like he could care less about everything until his eyes met yours, that made your heart melt.

"Yes?"

   You could still remember the moment, when Suna for once seemed flustered as he looked to the side, rubbing the back of his neck as he tried to act nonchalant.

"Would you like to go out sometime?"

   You've never felt happier as you grinned at Suna's lightly dusted pink cheeks, nodding as Suna breathed out in relief with the smallest smile that you almost missed.

"I would love to."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Rintarou!"

   An instant grin covered your face as you met your boyfriend in the hallway, meeting up before he had to got to volleyball practice.

"Y/N, how was class?" Suna asked, hesitating for a moment before reaching out to take your hand in his.

My heart!

   It was rare for Suna to start physical contact so it made your heart swell up every time, humming in delight as you went on about your day.

"It was pretty boring, in science..."

   As you rambled, you noticed Suna's stare on you, feeling your face heat up as you hit Suna on the arm.

"Stop that!" You accused, trying to hold in your laugh as Suna kept on his poker face, pretending to not know what you were talking out.

"Is there something wrong?" Suna asked with a blank look but after dating for some time, you could make out the hidden amusement under his greyish yellow eyes.

"You know exactly what!"

   Suna let out a small chuckle that made your heart skip at the sound, Suna squeezing your hand that let you know he was only joking.

"Oh, that's right. I wanted to buy another water bottle before practice," Suna thought out loud, watching you nod with a cheerful smile, following Suna towards the beverage machine.

"Okay!"

   Suna shook his head slightly at you despite the small smile that was threatening to show, fishing out some money from his pocket.

"Do you want something?"

   Suna asked despite already punching in the numbers for your favorite drink, rolling his eyes at you when you gave him an excited grin with starry eyes.

"Thanks, Rintarou!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

   You pretended not to see the small smile on Suna's face.

"Hold this for me?"

   You playfully huffed as you grabbed the water bottle Suna had just bought, reaching into bag to pull out his phone.

   Noticing the confused look on your face, Suna pointed at his phone with a deadpan look and said,

"Just in case the twins start fighting on the way to practice."

"Rintarou!"

   You and Suna parted ways as he headed off to practice, lazily waving behind him as you playfully blew him a kiss.

"Hey! Don't flick me off!"

   Humming a tune that was stuck in your head, you started towards where your house was before realizing that, 

Oh no, I still have Rintarou's water bottle!

   And like the hopeless romantic you were, your first thought was to pull out one of your markers and scribbling something on the side of the water bottle with a smile.

I swear he does this on purpose just so I'll visit him during practice.

   The thought made you grin and feel giddily as you knew the path to the volleyball court like the back of your hand.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past him.

"Left! Left!"

   You poked your head through the gym doors, immediately spotting your boyfriend who was staring at his teammates argue on the court, a lazy look to his eyes. 

"Rintarou!" You half whispered, half shouted, gaining the smallest hint of surprise from the middle blocker.

   And while the twins argued and the rest (well, at least one of them) attempted to stop them, Suna walked off towards you with a curious look.

"You could have just walked with me if you wanted to watch me practice, you know," Suna waved nonchalantly, smirking slightly when you went to protest with dusted cheeks. 

"Says the one who forgot his water bottle!" You attempted to defend yourself, though couldn't help the smile on your face as you handed the water bottle to Suna.

"Yeah, I totally forgot."

"I knew it! You did it on purpose, didn't you?" You accused.

"Did what on purpose?"

"Rintarou!"

   Suna let out a laugh, one that you rarely heard, which took his teammates off guard, only then noticing that someone else had entered the gym.

"Did Suna just... laugh?"

   Atsumu and Osamu seemed to freeze in place, fist still raised to punch though their attention was on Rintarou who didn't seem bored for once.

"Is that Suna's...?"

   One of them trailed off yet they all understood, all of them hyperaware how Suna had an arm around you with a smile.

"Since when!" Atsumu gasped, almost offended as the two of you seemed oblivious of the team's stares. 

"I'll get going now. I still have homework to finish. And stop standing like that! You're posture's gonna get worse!" You fussed, almost confirming even more that the two of you were dating.

"Huh? You mean like this?"

"Stop! You'll get back problems!"

Oh right! Suna still has volleyball practice!

   And it wasn't until you noticed the audience that you felt embarrassment surge through you, stuttering a greeting and a farewell before walking off with red cheeks.

"Suna! You're dating? Since when!"

   Suna simply responded with a shrug as he acted as it was no big deal, taking a sip from his water bottle before noticing the writing that was on the side in your handwriting.

Good luck in practice! I love you!

- Y/N <3

"Yeah. Yeah, I am."