Falling Out (2) - Koushi Sugawara

Part 2 of the last fic! Make sure to read that one first! <333!
(Also I am so sorry Suga, I love you so much, I swear-)
Reminder: F/S means Favorite Show/Series!

Warnings: Minor swear words! 

~A Mix of Angst/Mostly Fluff~

"I-I think we should break up, Sugawara-san."

   You told yourself that you wouldn't cry.

   Told yourself that whoever hurt you didn't deserve your tears.

   And yet here you were, crying to love songs that just hit you way too hard, surrounding yourself with snacks, and skipping school to drown in your own pity.

"Y/N, I've brought you the work that you missed- oh, you look horrible."

   You sent a glare at Daichi, one of your best friends that you've known since middle school and the main reason you and Suga met.

"Thanks and I know," You grumbled, taking your work from Daichi with misdirected aggression, setting it next to your pile of wrappers that you didn't bother throwing out.

"So... are you okay?"

   You snorted at Daichi's awkward attempt to console you, sniffing a little bit as you shrugged.

"Do you want me to call Suga to come over?"

   You immediately froze at Daichi's words, feeling a fresh wave of tears start to form at the corner of your eyes as you shook your head.

"N-No, it's all good."

   There was an attempt to cover up your swollen eyes from crying with a smile, but you were sure that you looked ridiculous judging from Daichi's concern.

So he didn't tell Daichi yet.

   Daichi frowned at your reaction, piecing together what had caused your distress.

"Did you have a fight with Suga or something?" Daichi asked, carefully moving your stuff so he could sit next to you on your bed, knowing how sad you would get whenever you and Suga had a rare disagreement.

"No, we-"

"I-I love you."

   You paused, wincing when you felt your throat close up, tears threatening to spill.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow, L/N."

"W-We broke up," You managed to croak out, attempting to look down to hide how pathetic you felt.

"But it's fine, it wasn't going to work anyways-"

   But before you could finish your sentence with bitter laughter, you felt warm arms surround you, your eyes widening as Daichi brought his hand up to gently push your head towards him.

"Hey, don't say that. It's okay to cry sometimes."

   That was it. All your attempts to hold in your tears had shown useless as you broke down in Daichi's arms, hands gripping the back of his shirt tightly.

"Let it all out, I'm here for you."

   That's all it took for you to break. Daichi's gentle and soothing words, letting you cry into his shoulder as he ran a comforting hand through your hair, knowing it helps calm you down.