Opposites Attract - Daichi Sawamura

Requested by AshliDinkelman! Enjoy!

Tried a new writing style, a;ksdlasd took a long time and it's not even good. I cri. 

Warning: None

~Fluff/Angst~

"I'll see you after practice!"

   You grinned as you pecked Daichi's cheek before skipping off for your swim practice. You waved at Daichi as he waved you off, watching as you caught up to your swim teammates with one last wave.

"You are so whipped, dude."

   Suga grinned as he threw an arm around Daichi's shoulder, nudging his best friend who looked away with the hint of embarrassment.

"Shut up, Suga."

   Suga laughed as Suga and Asahi fell into step on either side of Daichi, poking one of Daichi's red cheeks.

"You know, I'm surprised that the two of you got together," Suga commented as the three started walking home together.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" Daichi asked, raising an eyebrow at his grey-haired friend.

"You two are like the expression "opposites attract". You play volleyball and they swim. So its kinda like a crow and a dolphin," Suga continued, unaware of the fact that Daichi's mind was running from his simple statement.

A crow and a dolphin?

"Y-Yeah, plus Y/N-san is really nice and care-free w-while Daichi is a little..." Asahi trailed off with a scared expression, almost as if he was remembering the number of times where Daichi yelled.

Huh?

"Oi, Asahi. What is that supposed to mean?"

"N-Nothing!"

   Suga laughed at his two friend's, bring Daichi's attention back what Suga had pointed out.

"But Asahi does have a point. Your sport and practice days don't match up. You like shoyu ramen, Y/N likes shio ramen. Y/N is pretty and you're ugly," Suga grinned when Daichi scrunched up his nose at their teasing.

"Oi, what is that supposed to mean!"

   Suga laughed, shaking his head at his friend.

"Nothing, nothing. It's just nice to think about how the two of you got together. There's nothing to it."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There's gotta be something to it.

   Despite what Suga said, that it's just nice to think about how two people that aren't alike got together, Daichi couldn't help but overthink it.

Y/N and I aren't that different, are we?   Daichi thought, letting his thoughts wander as he drowned out whatever his teacher was saying.

So what if they like swimming and I like volleyball? Doesn't matter we have different music taste or have different classes, as along as we're happy with each other, right?

"Daichi? You good?"

   Your voice had shook Daichi out of his thoughts, causing him to bring his eyes up to meet your shining eyes.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm good," Daichi replied, mustering up the best smile despite his nagging thoughts.

   You pouted a bit as you tilted your head at Daichi when you noticed that he was lying.