Cafe - Tobio Kageyama

Warning: None

~Fluff~

   You had tons of regular costumers because of the nice vibe the small cafe gave off and the special things on the menu. But one managed to catch your eye.

   Tobio Kageyama.

   Almost every day, he would stop by and get his usual, milk and sometimes yogurt.

"The usual?" You asked the volleyball setter, pulling your marker out to write his name. He came so often that you didn't need to ask for his name anymore.

"Yeah."

   He nodded, handing you some money while watching you write his name on a cup.

"Alright, it should be ready in a couple of minutes." You smiled at the boy as he nodded at you and walked off to sit in his usual seat, next to the window.

   You took the next few orders until no one else was in line. You got to work on Kageyama's milk. You worked fluidly and quickly, filling up the cup and going to serve it to the customer.

"Here you go! Is that all for today?" You asked, adjusting your uniform a bit.

"Yeah, thanks." He nodded, a little smile tugging at his lips.

   You nodded your head, going back to work on the other orders. You sighed a bit, taking a quick glance at the boy over the coffee machine.

"You really him right, don't you?"

   You jumped up in shock, spilling some of the bubble tea you were making.

"W-What?" You stuttered, looking at F/N, someone who also worked at the cafe.

"Go on, talk to him! You stare at him every day, I'm surprised he's hasn't noticed yet," F/N snorted as you got a towel to clean up the mess you made.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Laugh at me all you want." You rolled your eyes, playfully glaring at F/N.

"What? I'm just telling the truth. But I think you should go talk to him, ask for his number or something!" F/N urged as you finished the new two orders since it was the same thing.

"I might, now go, be useful," You said, heading off to deliver the two drinks to the customers.

   You watched with a small smile as Kageyama threw away his trash and left the cafe.

Maybe, maybe I should.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   It was the next day at the cafe and you were beyond stressed. The two people who were supposed to take the current shift called in sick, making it so you and the new worker had to fill in the spots.

"Sorry for the wait, what would you like?"

   You had the new girl take orders as you moved swiftly with several cups in your hand, filling them up with whatever they ordered.

"Why did you take so long?" 

   You winced at the demanding voice of a customer as you apologized.

"I'm sorry for the wait sir, it's just-"

"Whatever, I don't want your excuses. Matter of fact, I don't want your coffee either," the man said, glaring at you as he got up and left.

Great, that's just wonderful.

   You turned with a stressful sigh, accidentally spilling the coffee in your hand onto someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you!"

   You quickly pulled out some napkins from one of your pockets and hastily wiped on the customer's shirt.

"I'm so sorry, oh um."

   That's when you realized that it was Kageyama.

"I-It's fine."

   You noticed the pink dusting his cheeks so you took a step back and scratched the back of your neck.

"The usual?" You laughed nervously as you tried not to divert your eyes from his.

"Y-Yeah, that'll be good."

Great, the best day just got even better   You thought sarcastically as you went back and fixed up the remaining drinks.

   You almost cried when you saw F/N walk through the doors.

"Oh, you don't know how glad I am to see you here," You breathed out, finally happy about the first break you had that day.

   F/N laughed at you as she looked at all the orders and drinks you were ready to deliver.

"Here, why don't you give him his." F/N winked at you as she handed you Kageyama's order. Your cheeks warmed up a bit as you hesitated before taking it.

"A-Alright."

   You grabbed a marker, a small smile on your lips as you scribbled something on a napkin and then stuffed it into your pocket.

"Thanks for being so patient. Here's your order." You smiled gently at Kageyama who was surprised to see you sitting across from him. You had brought him his usual milk and also a little dessert as a sorry for spilling coffee on him.

"I uh didn't order this," Kageyama said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Don't worry, it's on the house," You said, rubbing your sweaty hands on your pants from under the table.

"O-Oh, thanks."

   You grinned and nodded, seeing his pink cheeks. You were about to get up when you stopped you.

"Could I maybe get your name?"

   You grinned at the flustered boy and sat back down.

"L/N Y/N, but call me Y/N."

   You guys ended up talking for the whole time for your break, a smile never leaving your lips. You took a glance at the clock and you scrunched your nose at it.

"Sorry, but my shift is about to start again. It was nice talking to you, tho!" You said, not wanting to get up just yet.

"Y-Yeah, I uh enjoyed it."

   You laughed a bit at his awkwardness. You place the napkin from before down on the table and got up.

"We should do it some other time. Bye, Tobio!"

   Your heart was beating really faster as you left the table and waved at Kageyama.

"Eh? What's this?" Kageyama mumbled quietly as he picked up the napkin you left on the table.

   His breath hitched and his face turned a bright red as he looked down to see your number on the napkin with a 'Call me <3, sorry about your shirt!'.

   And he did exactly that and continued to do that for the upcoming years.