Break - Asahi Azumane

Warning: Only some swear words and a mention of break up 

~SomewhatAngst/Fluff~

   You sighed as you looked around the gym, feeling an empty presence in the room.

   You hoped to see the Ace and the libero for the team, but there was no such thing.

"They're really not coming back, are they?" You breathed out, carefully looking at the new members along with some returning members as well. You were standing next to Suga, watching with a distance look as Daichi yelled at some first years.

"Yeah, I guess not," Suga said with sympathy laced into his voice as he put a hand on your shoulder. You nodded, ignoring the dragging feeling in your heart.

    Ever since Karasuno lost against Data Tech last year and he quit volleyball, you and your ex-boyfriend, Asahi, decided to take a break. Of course, neither of you wanted to, but Asahi said he needed space and you respected that. 

   But that was the last time you guys talked to each other.

"Come on, let's go save those poor first years before Daichi crushed their souls."

   You were a manager on the team ever since the first year, you fell in love with Asahi. You guys started dating around the end of the year when you confessed to the shy giant.

"Hey uh, Asahi? I uh like you, a lot."

   You had a sad smile on your face as you could still remember the stuttering and blushing mess when you confessed.

"R-Really? I uh really like you too! W-Will you be my girlfriend?"

   You snapped out of your daze as the doors shut closed and you could hear someone banging on the door from the outside.

"What happened? Did- Did you guys lock those two first years out?" You asked with a hint of laughter as you pointed at the shaking door.

"Yeah, isn't that a bit much," Suga asked, raising an eyebrow at the captain. Daichi simple shock head, putting on a face he had every time he was going to make a captain-like and mature speech.

"Those two need to learn how to get along to be good teammates."

   You and Suga nodded, going back to the rest of the team.

"Welcome everyone to the Karasuno Volleyball Team..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"...and have a good day!"

   You walked out of your class, seeing a certain shorty running towards you.

"N/N!"

   An instant smile came onto your face as the shorty tackled you into a hug.

"Noya! You're back!" You laughed as Noya jumped off and started talking about how bored he was at home by himself.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you go before you get another suspension?" You mused, Noya perking up when he saw the vice principal walking towards the two of you.

"You're right! Gotta go!"

   You laughed a bit, turning back around to make eye contact with familiar dark brown eyes. You instantly tensed up as you saw Asahi quickly turn around.

God fucking damn it-

"Hey, N/N!" You sighed in relief as you gave BF/N a thankful look as she looped her arm through yours, pulling you away to your next class.