Library - Hajime Iwaizumi

Warning: None

~Fluff~

   You volunteered at a local library after school. You usually helped organize the checked-in books and would help others look for the books they were looking for.

"Hello, just call me if you need anything!" You called at the new person who walked in. It was a teenage boy who looked about your age. He nodded at you with a small smile before disappearing within the shelves. 

   You were organizing a shelf when the same boy from before walked up to you.

"Um hello?"

   You turned to the boy, a warm smile on your face.

"Hi, do you need help with something?" You asked politely, tilting your head a bit. You noticed that he was wearing an oversized dark blue jacket with a grey shirt and a pair of jeans.

He's kinda cute.

"Yeah, I'm looking for a book about fish. Specifically with the fish 'Oikawa'," the boy answered, a smile tugging at his lips. You raised an eyebrow at him as you nodded with quiet laughter.

"Alright, I'm not gonna ask why so follow me," You joked, earning some laughter from the boy. You led him to the 'Science/Informational' section and traced your finger over the spines of the books.

"Ah-ha! Here."

   You handed the boy a small book with "Oikawa Fish: Zacco Platypus" on the front with a picture of the fish.

"Nice. There's a whole book about him- it. Thanks," The Ace thanked, nodding his head at you.

"No problem." You laughed a bit as you went to check out the book for him.

"Do you have a library card?" You asked, getting out the scanner for the book. 

   You saw his eyes widened as he quickly checked his pocket.

Shoot, I didn't bring my wallet because I didn't think I'll need it for the library! I'll just go get it real quick, yeah   Iwaizumi thought as he went to open his mouth.

"I'm sorry, I left my wallet, I'll go get it-"

   You cut with off with a somewhat quiet laugh as you pulled out the variety of library card you had.

"It's fine. Just pick one out, it's on me," You offered, laying out the different designs of the card.

   The boy hesitated before looking at you.

"Are you sure? I can just go-"

"Yes, I'm sure. Now hurry up and pick one before I take my nice gesture back," You joked, leaning your hand on the counter. He nodded with a small smile as he picked one out that had a volleyball on it.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

    You took the card from to scan it and to put his name on it.

"Ooh, volleyball. Do you play volleyball, by chance?" You asked as you scanned the card and looked at the computer that showed some questions

"Yeah, I do."

   You nodded, quickly typing in a password and got to the questions that needed some of his information.

"Name?"

"Iwaizumi Hajime."

   You nodded, typing it in with a small smile.

Iwaizumi Hajime. Nice name   You thought as you asked him some other questions.

"You're all set! Here's your fish book," You said with a  hint of laughter as you handed him his new library card and his book.

"Thanks again." You nodded as you waved the boy off.

"Have a nice day!"

"You too!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   It was a calm Tuesday afternoon, barely anyone came now to check out books. There were the usual Mom and kid who checked out a couple of books and some teenagers who came in to study, but that was about it.

"Hello, call me if you need anything!" You waved at the boy from yesterday who walked in. You felt a bit happier than usual and you thought that it was probably because someone actually came in.

   The boy nodded at you, disappearing once again in the bookshelves. You just finished checking out a book for a little kid when you saw Iwaizumi in line.

"Can you help me find another book? About monsters?" Iwaizumi asked, earning another weird look from you.

"Alright, any kind of monsters?" You asked, walking out of the counter to lead the boy towards the shelves.

"Yeah, anything works."

   You made small talk with the boy, looking for a variety of monsters books the library had.

"Here, you can choose on," You said, pointing at the section of the 'Myths/Monsters'.

"Thanks."

   He picked a random one, following you back to the counter. You scanned the card and then the book, handing it back to the boy.

"Enjoy!"

"You too- I mean thanks!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   A few weeks passed and Iwaizumi ended up visiting you almost every day.

"What book are you gonna get today?"

   And each time, he would get something so different than the last.

"Hmm, I'm looking for a romance and comedy book. Any suggestions?"

He went from fish to manga to intensive math to this? Huh, I wonder what he does in his free time.

   You raised an eyebrow at him as you quietly laughed and lead him to the shelves nevertheless.

"Yeah, I do. This one was good, so was this one..."

   You talked a bit, briefly describing the books to see if any of them interested him.

"I-I'll take this one, thanks."

   You noticed his slightly red cheeks that made you grin. You led him back to the counter, him sliding you his library card. You noticed a bit piece of paper on the card as you picked it up.

Hey, do you maybe wanna go out some time?

   You looked up, your face heated up as you saw the flustered boy.

"I would love too."

Bonus Ending

   After the first couple of cute dates and knowing each other, you guys made it official.

"Iwa-chan! You finally got a girlfriend!"

    You looked at the tall brunette who Iwaizumi introduced as Oikawa.

"Oh, so is this why you got that book on the first day?" You asked with a teasing smile as you looked up at your boyfriend who was hugging you from behind.

"Yeah, that's him. That's the fish."