Ch. 5 Startled

Chapter 5 - Startled

------------------------------------------

Bentley's POV

------------------------------------------

I was currently examining a gun I had found in the red trench coat draped over the back of Dante's chair. It was silver and quite heavy. It was larger than the average gun and had Ebony engraved into the side of it. It was pretty neat looking. I have always been fascinated by weapons, but, my parents didn't like them and, therefore, didn't own any. I bet they were wishing they had one whenever that robber came into our house, killed them, and then left with our stuff.

I shook my head, shaking off the memory, and pulled back the hammer. I put my finger on the trigger with no intention of firing it and pointed the gun at the wall. At that exact moment the door slammed open, startling me to the point where my finger pulled the trigger.

A loud bang went off and the bullet embedded itself into the wall. I jumped from the loud noise and accidentally released the gun causing it to hit the floor and go off again from impact. I turned around just in time to see Dante duck and the bullet pierce into the wall behind him.

Dante stood back to his full height and looked around at the bullet holes in his walls, before settling his angry eyes on me. I gulped.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!!" He exclaimed, marching over and picking the gun off the floor.

"I uh-"

"You put holes in my walls and you could've shot me! Do you even know how to handle a gun!" He continued to yell.

"I uh-"

"No! Of course you don't! If you did, you'd know not to cock a gun when it's loaded unless absolutely necessary!" He continued to glare at me.

I quit trying to talk and hung my head in shame, not being able to look him in the eye. I continued to stand there staring at the floor as he walked back over to his desk and deposited the weapon into his coat. I feel like an idiot. I heard him sigh and the next thing I know, an arm is wrapping itself around my waist. I gasp and look up at him.

"We need to talk." He said and started leading me to the couch. I dug my heals into the floor, remembering the events that took place on that couch. I was so not going to sit on a couch with him.

He let out a frustrated sigh and released my waist, walking the rest of the distance and plopping himself on the couch with his arm slung over the back. "Stand if you want it doesn't really matter to me." He said.

So I did. "What did you want to talk about."

"You're going to be staying here with me." He said bluntly.

"What!!! No I'm not, I have a home and a job. I have bills to pay. I can't do any of those if I stay here!"

"You can still go to work, I will just be coming with you. And you can still pay your bills or whatever, you just won't be living at your house until I know there won't be any demons coming after you."

"No, I won't do it. I am not staying here." I said.

"You don't have much of a choice."

"Yes I do! I am not a prisoner!" I yelled. Dante leaned forward with his elbows on his knees.

"Well as kinky as it sounds, I will chain you up if I have to." He replied. I stood there with my mouth agape. Would he really chain me up? Actually, I have no doubt that he would. I closed my mouth, folded my arms across my chest and glared at him.

"You bastard!" I spat venomously.

"Oh come on. It won't be that bad." He said as he got up and started walking towards me. He got really close to me and I put my hand on his chest to stop him from getting any closer.

"Oh no no. You can't seduce me into making a decision." I glared.

"I'm not trying to seduce you. I'm just trying to speed up your decision." He said.

"Alright look. If I stay, and note that if I do stay it won't be because you seduced me, it will be cause I actually do fear for my life, I want to know what you are."

He raised an eyebrow. "You sure about that. You know, knowing what I am just might help you say no faster."

"I already have an idea about what you are, I just want you to confirm it."

"Oh and what do you think I am, babe?" He asked. My heart started thumping faster when he called me babe. Stop it! Stupid heart!

"I think that you're like the thing I saw in the alley, a demon." I said narrowing my eyes.

"And how did you come up with that presumption?"

I lowered my head in embarrassment. "When we... were on the couch.... doing what we were doing," Dante smirked, "your eyes... they turned black. Like pitch black, like the thing in the alley."

"Very perceptive of you. But you see, I'm different." He said.

"How are you different?!" I exclaimed.

"I'm only half, babe." He said.

------------------------------------------

Updated

Same rules apply.

Devil's Mateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें