Ch. 15 The Mark

Leave comments!!!!

----------------------------------------------

Ch. 15 - The Mark

----------------------------------------------

Dante's POV!! (Whoop Whoop!!)

-\/-\/-

I sat there next to Bentley's hospital bed. I knew it was my fault that she tripped down those stairs and I knew she had gotten jealous because of my constant need to check girls out. All in all, I knew I was the one to blame. The thing she didn't know, was that I was comparing them girls to Bentley, and not a single damn one was more beautiful, but I guess I should of explained that before she ran out the door.

I sighed, Bentley hasn't moved for a couple hours, or at least, I think it was a couple hours, I don't know I lost track of time. I was dying for her to wake up, to move her fingers, hell for her to yell at me, I just need her to do something, not lay there like she's in a coma.

I sat there for a couple more minutes, until her hand shook like she was scared, like she was having a nightmare. I gently took her hand in mine and watched her face, thinking she was going to wake up. She didn't, but something else started to happen. Her neck turned a red color and started to bleed, and I watched intently, wondering what was going on. It wasn't until a half finished pentagram popped up on her neck that I realized, she was having a nightmare. She was being pulled into a demons head again, and they were marking her so that they always know where she is.

I jumped up from my chair and grabbed Bentley's shoulders, shaking her body violently. There was no time for being gentle, if they finish drawing that pentagram she'll never be safe again.

-\/-\/-

Bentley's POV

-\/-\/-

I quickly shot up from my laying position with a gasp, to feel someone holding my shoulder and tracing something on my neck that stung. I looked up to see Dante's angry face staring down at my neck.

"Shit!" He cursed and retracted his hands from my skin. "He finished it!"

I looked around the room in confusion, looking for who he was referring to. Seeing no one, I asked him the question that was on my mind.

"Who?" I squinted my eyes.

"The damn bastard of a demon who put a mark on you!" He yelled in anger, and I flinched from his tone. But Dante saw it and his eyes softened as he took some deep breathes to calm him down.

"The red and black eyed one from my dream?" I questioned, just now remembering that he did trace something on my neck. My hand went up to the place that held the mark and I traced it with my fingers. It wasn't that big, but it was noticeable.

"What does it do?" I asked.

"Well, let's just put it this way, you're not hidden anymore. They know exactly where you are and you're not safe." Dante explained as he sped walked around the room gathering his belongings. "We need to get out of here and go back to Devil May Cry, I'll call Lady and Morrison to see if they can find out if there's a way to remove it."

He walked over to me and gently tugged me out of the hospital bed, pulling us towards the window. "Come on, get up."

I tugged on my arm. "We're leaving through a window, we can't use the front door!?" I panicked.

"No, doctors are out there and they'll waste our time, we don't have time to waste, so come on."

I pulled my arm from Dante and looked out the window to see that we were on the sixth floor! Oh hell no! I backed away from the window and turned around, heading for the door.

Dante wasn't having that though. Before I knew it, Dante wrapped his arm around my waist and jumped out the window. I screamed at the top of my lungs until we were on solid ground again and even then I hit him on the head.

"What were you thinking?! We could have died!"

He smirked and pulled me closer. "Half demon, babe." He reminded me.

I huffed and pushed him off me as we made our way back to the shop. On the way back, Dante called Lady and Morrison and told them the situation and what he needs them to find out, now all that's left to do is sit and wait.